Sunday 31 August 2014

What I wore: photoshoot fun

Jacket - New Look | Trousers - Topshop | Top - New Look | Necklace - Primark | Shoes- Primark

Bralet - Topshop | Skirt - Topshop | Shoes - Primark | Necklace - Primark

Two days ago I attended a makeover photo-shoot by Mark Swinford Photography courtesy of an offer I won through New Look a while back now. The session included a one hour hair and makeup session, and an hour photo shoot with a choice of backgrounds and outfits. Despite being half an hour late (our sat nav took us in the opposite direction nearing the countryside and my internet wouldn't work, absolute nightmare!) I had a great time. I'm always a little apprehensive when attending an unfamiliar place, especially when I'm leaving strangers in charge of sprucing me up and giving me instructions left right and centre. However, I can honestly say I enjoyed every minute, from being made up to feel glamorous, to being put into positions I never thought I could reach. I'm not the most confident person, I'm awkward and I find it difficult to explain my life story to everyone I meet but I felt so at ease here. The staff were super lovely, comforting and complementing and I loved the transformation they gave me.

Friday's weather was terrible so that meant I weren't able to make the most of my freshly styled hair and makeup. The makeup was different to my usual natural preference, my eyes were heavily made up and I stepped out of my lip colour comfort zone but I did love the change. My hair was softly curled so they fell delicately and luckily those curls stayed in overnight so I was able keep the style ready for some quick outdoor outfit photos yesterday evening. The outfits are completely contrasting; one spells out autumn, and the other is still stuck in summer but I purposely decided to pick these to represent my mixed up style. I think you were allowed a few more outfit changes but I stuck to just two to keep it simple and I think (well, I hope) that worked. I have an appointment to view the end result on Tuesday and from there I get to choose a free print. Unfortunately, unless up to a £1000 magically appears in my bank account over the next few days, I doubt I'll be purchasing the whole portfolio of photos but for the experience alone, it was priceless... literally!

Share:

6 comments

  1. It sounds like you had a lovely time :) you look gorgeous in the two photos above, your hair is really lovely! I wish mine could hold a curl haha.

    I think the first outfit is my favourite, check and grid print are two of my obsessions right now and I've been wanting this top for ages! Every time I've spotted it in store though it's been sold out in my size :(

    Louise / www.asseenonlouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah you look so lovely! I love the white grid top, it's beautiful!

    India /Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your second outfit - esp that bralet! x
    www.article21.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. these outfts are gorgeous! particularly love the first one, the coat is gorge
    xx
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks so lovely in these :) I love the second outfit you're wearing! I really wanted to buy a bralet this summer but knew I would never actually wear it, I love the one you're wearing though, I don't own enough blue clothing :)x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig