Tuesday 16 July 2013

Party In The U.S.A



Well after counting down for what seems like years, the day has finally arrived, I shall be up and ready to fly to Orlando, Florida at 8.15am tomorrow morning. Now I'm not a morning person, but in this case I'm going to make an exception. I've been wanting to go to America (especially Florida) since I was little and it's finally happening. I'm going with my Mum, Brother, Grandma and best friend, Chloe. The above pictures are the villa we're staying in and I must admit, this is what I'm most looking forward to seeing first apart from the obvious other wonderful sights over there. How beautiful does the villa look? It's looks so blissful, especially with the view of the sunset. I can't wait to just sit there on a night relaxing in the Jacuzzi with a glass of wine forgetting regular life back home.

It's felt like I've been saving and spending for America for ages but it's a once in a lifetime thing and I had to make sure I have all the essentials plus other extras. Here's a few of my favourite buys:

PINK CROP TOP - Miss Selfridge // FLORAL CROP TOP - New Look
DAISY PLAYSUIT - New Look // ELEPHANT PRINT PLAYSUIT - New Look // TILE PRINT CAMI - New Look //
FLORAL SHORTS - Uniqlo
DAISY DRESS - H&M via eBay
NAVY DAISY DRESS - New Look // BOYFRIEND SHORTS - eBay

I'm the kind of person who has to buy new holiday clothes every year because I like to stick to the latest styles and I just love buying fresh new things instead of sticking to the same old. Usually when I'm abroad, it's more going out outfits I take with me instead of clothes for the daytime but this time it's different. As we'll be walking round the parks most days, I needed to bring more shorts, camis, sun dresses and playsuits than anything else. I noticed New Look had so many gorgeous items online and as they're such reasonably priced, I bought most of my new clothes from there. I think the daisy/floral print this year is one of the prettiest around at the moment and I adore wearing anything with this print on. That's the over-girly side of me. I'm in love with the floral shorts from Uniqlo and they are most definitely one of my favourite buys this year, if not ever. I don't think I've ever been able to buy such nice shorts for such a cheap price, thank god I discovered tons more online clothing sites since I started being interested in blogging! They're so light and cool too so they'll be perfect for walking round in and hopefully I won't be too hot. Also, I've finally joined the simple craze and bought some boyfriend shorts and I'm so glad I did because they go with just about everything and the good thing is, you can roll them up and fit them to what style you want them in.


PINK BANDEAU DRESS - ASOS // PINK HEELS - Dorothy Perkins // CLUTCH BAG - New Look // NECKLACE - Primark
RUFFLE BODYCON DRESS - Miss Selfridge // PEACH BOW HEELS - New Look

I bought the first dress last year in the Asos sale and the other dress I bought a couple of weeks ago on my last holiday shop. These two are the most dressiest outfits I shall be taking with me. It's my brother's 16th birthday whilst we're over in America and we're all going to get glammed up for the night and go out for a meal, so this is what the first outfit is for. I've had the outfit planned for months now and I honestly can't wait to feel all flashy that night and I should have a tan, so I'll feel even better. 

I'd been wanting another dress to go out in and I had in mind what I wanted. This one matched perfectly and the ruffle down the side adds that extra edge to it. I got a bargain with this dress actually, it had a slight pull down the front of it so they knocked me 10% off and then I got an extra 20% off with my Miss Selfridge account card discount. I was dead pleased! I don't like taking dark colours abroad with me as for me, I think the clothes have to match the holiday feel which is bright, bold and colourful so that's what I went for.

FLORAL CAMERA NECKLACE - Accesorize // CLOCK NECKLACE - Accesorize

ARROW NECKLACE - New Look // TRIANGLE NECKLACE - eBay

FLORAL SQUARE RING - ASOS Marketplace // DAISY RING - eBay

TURTLE EARRINGS - New Look
The camera and the clock necklaces were so delicately beautiful, I just had to buy them and they both came to £5.50 in the Accesorize sale so I was so happy with that. I finally got a daisy ring to match my headband which will also be worn throughout the day just to add more of a summer feel to my casual outfits and the turtle earrings I bought because 1) They're adorable 2) The villa we're staying in is called 'Turtle Villa' because of the baby turtles around the outside, so it makes perfect sense. Tbh, I didn't need that much jewellery but I have a slight addiction to rings at the moment and I'm loving the arrow/triangle trend.

PURSE - Primark // BLACK SUNGLASSES - New Look // PINK SUNGLASSES - Primark // HAT - Claire's //
HEADBAND - Primark

AZTEC BIKINI - Matalan // STRIPE/DENIM BIKINI - Primark 

PALM TREE PRINT BIKINI - Primark // FLORAL BIKINI - Miss Selfridge
You've probably guessed by now that I lurrrve flowered clothing and accessories. The detailed sunglasses that are out this summer were a must have for me just because of how pretty they are. I was kind of creative with the hat and decided to put my headband round it to make it look more holiday-esque. It was actually the hat my grandma bought but she didn't like herself in it, so she gave it to me. I'm always happy to accept something that will be a huge benefit, not only is it a lovely type of hat, it protects you from heat stroke in ridiculously hot temperatures, and that I can't turn down.

I did quite well with bikinis this year, I didn't go too over the top and only bought 4 new ones, which are these, the ones I'll be taking with me. I tend to go for the cheaper options as I think spending too much on swimwear is a waste of money with how ruined they get afterwards with the chlorine and the sun but this year, my amazing grandma kindly bought me this floral bikini which is the best bikini I've ever owned and I really hope it doesn't get too damaged. I've also taken a risk with the high waist bikini, I couldn't resist the gorgeous style as bows are another weakness of mine, I just hope it suits me as mirrors can often be deceiving. 

From left to right: NUDE ECLIPSE APOCALIPS LIPGLOSS // LO'REAL FALSE LASH TELESCOPIC MASCARA // RIMMEL 
LIGHT BB CREAM // MUA LIPSTICK SHADE 5 // SMOKY BEIGE LO'real EYESHADOW PALETTE // 
MUA SHIMMER KISSES BLUSHER


WEDGES - New Look
The basic makeup is all I'll be taking with me, as well as my eyebrow pencil, concealer and powder. I'm not a heavy makeup kind of person anyway, but when abroad I often stick to even less, limited makeup to avoid being a sweaty mess. I prefer the natural look and as said in a previous post, this eyeshadow will be perfect for me on the nights we do go out. I went against foundation as it will just melt off me and bought another BB cream which also has a SPF 25 in so it's ideal and I'm looking forward to trying it out. There was an offer on for 2 for £10 on Rimmel in Superdrug so the Apocalips was just a bonus item and the other lipstick, for only a £1.00 is great, it's a natural colour and pigments really well for how cheap it is. 

I finally gave in and bought a Tangle Teezer, at first I didn't listen to the huge praise around them because I thought they were a bit expensive for a brush but now I realise I'm stupid and it's the best thing I've ever bought. Yes, it's a brush but it's no ordinary one. The way it glides through my troublesome locks without ripping my hair out is fabulous. It should do a grand job whilst on holiday too as my hair tends to get even knottier with the pool/sea water, the atmosphere in the air and the heat.

The wedge shoes I bought a while ago now but I've only worn them once for my birthday meal in June and intended on saving them for my holiday as they go with my light coloured clothing and tend to match with most outfits, plus they're open toed so it gives my feet a breather when I'm struggling to walk in them (I never learn).




For me, this is the best bit. Even just looking at my spanking, brand new Disney things gets me all excited and hyper. To say I can't wait to walk round the magical part of Florida aka Disney World is an understatement. I have a secret obsession with all things Disney and browsing round the shops picking up all these cute souvenirs, seeing all the Disney characters around and experiencing being in the setting which is all Disney as well as having the time of my life on the rides is a total dream come true. 

I went all out and bought two pairs of pyjamas, a crop top, a vest, a phone case, a make-up bag and even a shower cap. If, like me, you've seen the huge hype around Disney and American print things at the moment, you'll know there was a lot to choose from and typically after I'd bought most of these things, there were even nicer things in the shops but I suppose that doesn't matter now as when I'm over there I'm bound to spend even more money on all things American. After all I have to show pride and love for the country I'm in.

I'll be away for two weeks now so I hope everyone enjoys their time off, especially as the heatwave is set to stay and the official summer holidays start next week! Be sure to look out for another post on my American buys and in general, the time spent over there. I'm sure I'll have plenty to say! Toodles for now.

Lots of love...

Share:

2 comments

  1. I hope you have an AMAZING time, I am so so so jealous. I absolutely adore all your clothes and outfits, but that Minnie mouse phone case is the cutest thing ever! Do you remember where you got it? Looking forward to all the holiday pics, ah!
    Debi (embrace difference)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much lovely! I'm finally getting round to doing a post on my time there but I reckon it's going to take a while so just keep looking out aha!

      The phone case is from Amazon and it's pretty reasonable too :)

      Much love xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig