Thursday 10 October 2013

I was made to keep your body warm

DRESS - Missguided // CARDIGAN - New Look // BOOTS - eBay // NECKLACE - Forever 21 // RING - Vintage // BRACELETS - Primark

This is what I wore to the second vintage fair at the weekend I spoke about in this post but I've only just got round to photographing it (I only ended up buying a £5 shirt so I shall just include that in a future outfit post instead of wasting a post on one item). Now the weather has taken a turn for the worst and has become bitterly cold, this fluffy cardigan is perfect for preventing me from developing hypothermia. Okay, I exaggerated but it is ridiculously snugly and I feel like a polar bear when I wear it. I ordered the shift dress from Missguided a while ago now and when it arrived it was much nicer than I expected - the fit is just right, it's super comfortable and the colour is nothing like I've ever picked before but I adore the shade of blue. There's actually a whole bunch of colours to choose from but I thought I'd step outside of my typical safe zone of colour schemes in my wardrobe for a change. I also chose boots with a heel on instead of my trusty flats (look at me going all out) and it added that extra dressy feel. It was one of those moments in life where you don't want to get too dressed up but you don't want to go too casual because you'll be in an environment full of fashionistas and you want to dress to impress and I think (for once) I made a modest decision of pairing these items together and finishing off by accessorizing.

Whilst I'm here, I also want to share the disappointment that I'm unable to attend a fashion launch party I was very kindly invited to by a lovely lady named Tiffany-Annabelle. Being a Northerner and a middle class citizen that can't afford the prices of train fares to London, it's taken away a chance of an afternoon that sounds like great fun. It is for the launch of U-wantit.com which is a company to help people get the things they love for less (think designer gear you've been lusting for, for so long). The event will host bloggers, fashionistas and people with a love for fashion and style and seen as I'm unable to go, I am giving you lovely people the chance to go for yourself if you're available and interested. Here is the invite:


And if you want to contact Tiffany directly for more information you can on thetiffanyannabelle@hotmail.com.

Lots of love...

Share:

32 comments

  1. I love this cardigan so much! Really suits you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your dress and i need that cardigan in my life! :)

    check out my blog, if you have the time?
    http://georgiaanicolaou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I've been after one for SO long, Primark sold out so I ventured to New Look and then find cheaper options elsewhere haha. Which is typical, but they are a great buy :) and sure, I shall check it out now! xo

      Delete
  3. I love this outfit and you write so well! Those boots are adorable! xx http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you lovely, that means a lot :) xo

      Delete
  4. That dress is so nice and love the fluffy cardigan!
    http://my-fashionobsession.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cardigan looks so cosy and fluffy! You have a lovely blog - that blog header is super cute! :)

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) it really is, it's so warm and cosy! xo

      Delete
  6. This is so cute, I love that dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous outfit :) x

    underbluelights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit and the necklace is so cute!!xo

    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cardigan looks so pretty & soft! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, it's so soft and cuddly hehe. Thank you :) xo

      Delete
  10. Great outfit, really simple!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your dress it's a gorgeous colour!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty! love the outfit XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your dress! it suits your eyes too :) cute boots x
    The Frill Seeker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! Never thought of it that way (matching my eye colour) haha xo

      Delete
  14. I love the cardigan, looks so warm I want to own it :)

    Mintyessence
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it's definitely the coziest cardigan I've ever owned :')

      xo

      Delete
  15. I really love your fluffy cardigan !xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh love that fluffy cardi, been looking for one similar for quite some time now:)
    Love Em xx

    emtalks.co.uk
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3934124/emtalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I was the same and finally found the perfect one, you should keep browsing :) I saw them in Dunnes the other day too!

      xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig