Sunday 14 December 2014

Beauty: Winter nail shades



I'm a firm believer that just because it's dark and dismal outside, your nails don't have to match the mood. During the Autumn/Winter period I don't always tend to stick to colourless shades. Despite how much I love the burgundies, berries and browns I think the light nudes, greys and purples are just as effective and it means you can mix it up a little. 

Starting from the left swatch, we have Essie Bahama Mama, one of my all time faves. It's such a rich, plum wine colour, not quite a red but more of a warmer tone. It's the perfect classic staple and is suited for any skin tone. In particular, those pale individuals like myself. I feel the saturation really brings out the winter glow and as with all Essie polishes, the formula is excellent and long lasting.

Next, there's Barry M Vintage Violet, a gorgeous delicate purple shade with a lovely shine to it. It's almost the epitome of purples, a balance between warm and cool. Traditional at its best! Further along is Ciate Chinchilla, a cross between a grey and blue shade. This is one of the most versatile polishes I own; ideal for all seasons it's softness gives your nails that hint of subtle quirkiness.

My fourth choice is a varnish I absolutely adore. Every time I fancy painting my nails, this seems to be the colour I reach for. Essie All Tied Up is a bronzed shade with a sensual shimmer finish. It is said to be part of the summer collection but I think you can easily pass it off as an all rounder. The colour is hard to describe; it's a rose pinkish gold with a dusky undertone and a tint of brown, the perfect neutral mixture that looks amazing when struck against the hands. 

Lastly, we have Maybelline NY Forever Strong Professional in the shade Rose Poudre. This gel like high shine polish is the ideal nude to see you through each day. You do need to apply a few coats to get the desired pigmentation but if you're looking for a barely there but pretty enough to highlight your nails polish, this is the one!

Have you got a favourite nail shade which is different from the stereotypical winter shades?

Bridie x
Share:

3 comments

  1. The Essie nail polish looks perfect!

    http://sapphiresaysfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colors look so pretty together!! They make a great color palette :-)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue shade! I really want some blue nail varnish but I don't know if I want a pastel one or a kind of icy one, gosh there's just so many shades!x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig