Tuesday 23 August 2016

Pastille Beauty's 3rd Birthday Celebrations


Up until last week I hadn't attended a blog event in a good couple of months so to become reacquainted with an invite to 3rd birthday celebrations at a popular Leeds' salon surrounded by lashings of prettiness, I've never felt so honoured. I've always heard so much great feedback from Pastille Beauty Bar, a place of pleasure and pampering located in the award winning Granary Wharf development (or as I call it, the posher part of Leeds) yet - to my shock horror - I'd never stepped foot in there for any treatments.

Greeted with friendly smiles, a glass of sparkly fizz and white walls that are instantly a hit with any blogger determined to accomplish that perfect shot with the natural lighting at a flattering angle, I knew I was in for a thrill. I mean the mention of the word tea party alone sounds persuasive enough but when it involves the indulgence of cake and you're guaranteed to come out of there feeling alive and glammed up, it triples in significance. There were various activities going on from local businesses who had joined in the fun in the couple of hours I was there and never was there a dull moment to be seen.

Nails - starting with their forte, we were all lucky enough to be given the opportunity to choose our nail shade made up of some of my favourite collectors; OPI, Essie, Morgan Taylor etc, for our complimentary dash manicures. If I'm truly honest it couldn't have come at a better time because I was in real need of some nail tlc. A file, a buff and a nonchalant natter with the lovely girls on hand, later, I had glossy orangey red nails that matched my clothing choice, ushered on compliments and which made me feel as fresh as a daisy. Once I'd left my chair ready for the next person I also had a browse at the nail art on display and there were so many amazing, stand out designs that made me want to make my trip a regular occurrence (I'll definitely be heading back there for some speciality styles!).


Cakes - in eye view from my entrance was the best looking dessert arrangement I ever did see, all made especially by Sugar Crush Bakes for the event. The feast was made up of white chocolate rocky road, lemon curd mini scones, mint brownies, lollies, a fanciful cake and much more - including some squeezed lemon juice and winsome paper cups and straws. Not only did they appear too delightful to eat, consisting of a whirl of bright colours, vintage themed platters and burnished perspective but once eaten they were extremely appetising and fed my sweet tooth with just one bite (along with the urge to devour a dozen more). Sugar Crush cater for all sorts; weddings. baby showers, tea parties, you name it, their culinary talent is endless. I'd highly recommend, not only for the presentation but for the modern taste that's making me hungry just thinking about it. Mmmm.


Jewellery - jewellery that is out of the ordinary and unique to an individual is my guilty pleasure, especially when it's created with such care and thought. Christina from Sweet Designs had a stand to showcase her fabulous pieces made from nail polish painted and sealed within the moonstones to mould an array of effects, along with the pendants that had compressed newspaper or magazine cut outs embedded. She was also offering an immediate service to produce a ring that would match your mani for the day. Silly me didn't have any cash to hand but I did take a card and I'm certain I'll be purchasing one of her eloquently innovative works of art soon enough.


Dresses - finally there was a genius movement in the corner that proposed a dress hire service suited to your preferences. Borrowed Couture allows you to rent a designer dress for up to three days at the fraction of the retail price. It's brilliant for those of you (like me) who don't go out often so don't own that many desirable dresses but fancy a step up from the same old, and ideal for those impulsive buyers (once again, like me) who purchase one and then end up dumping it in your wardrobe never to be seen again. This way you don't get a waste, you just get some seriously eye catching, dreamy garments that you can hand back at the end of an event you wowed at.



I had such a splendid time at Pastille; being in the company of lovely ladies, pleasing pastel interior, and silver foil balloons that are enough to make an instagram lovers' eyes pop was the perfect way to spend a sunny afternoon. Abra and Erene - the kick ass founders of Pastille - put on such a fantastic event filled with entertainment and support and I even went home with a goody bag filled with kind treats that I can't wait to use. Thank you so much for inviting me along, girls. I'm planning my next trip as I speak. 

Have you ever visited Pastille? Where's your favourite place to appease in some me time?

Bridie x

***

Like what you see? You may also enjoy reading Winter Nail Shades or  Beauty Matters Salon Relaunch Event
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig