Wednesday 4 October 2017

Wednesday Wishlist: The Ankle Boot Edit

I think I have a problem. A serious dependency problem. The state of my happiness depends on how many pairs of ankle boots I can hoard with the excuse of "there's no such thing as too many". As soon as October moved in I was heading off on my seasonal hunt for the pairs I'd very much like to hanker up as the latest additions to my already crammed shoe collection, all synchronous with a lecture from my mother hen about how I have a chaotic obsession that still didn't seem to stop me (sorry, mum).

I'm yet to make any purchases but the lust is rapidly growing and I'm so ready to update last year's with the current styles, to wave goodbye to the summer solstice with a pumpkin spice latte in the occupied hand, to deposit my flats, sandals and mules, and bring in the new! My favourite thing about ankle boots is that they're never outdated, they're an investment and reclaimable as the months fly by and with the lack of warm weather we get in Britain, also wearable all year round, but there's just something about autumn/winter designs that have me squealing from the rooftops. It's the metallics, the suede, the velvet, the satin, the warm hues, the woven fabrics, the ornate prints, the mod and the retro and even the glam and the bright. Teamed with jeans, wide leg culottes, cropped trousers, and even skirts - you really can't go wrong. Those cut off shorties always win over faffing full length footwear!

Where ankle boots are concerned the horizon is broadened and I won't quit until you hear me clip clopping to my grave.

Are you an ankle boot lover?

SHOP:




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig