Monday 21 October 2013

My Boudoir Superstar photoshoot


As you may have seen in my last post, I'm a bit stuck without the main laptop at the moment and we've been busy decorating which means I haven't had the chance to capture any of my outfits lately and/or edit any photos with the proportions being so off on this useless Netbook. On the brighter side of things, that means I can get cracking on making my bedroom into the vintage themed, tiny bit of me I've sought for, for so long now and then when it's done, I'll be able to share it on my second personal space, my blog.
Another thing I thought I might share with you whilst my beauty and fashion posts are ordered to take a break (or in other words, until the laptop gets fixed) is the wonderful photoshoot I had done in April this year. It was at a local place which was a huge house transformed into a boudoir venue. Topped with stunning furniture, decor, its very own makeup and hair room and a bunch of very professional photographers, it really was a world of glam and sophistication. With all the lovely staff's effort and hard work to make me look my best, the end result was this. 
This sort of thing was way out of my comfort zone and when all the girls in the family received the photoshoot as a Christmas present, I was wary of how I'd feel about dressing in such a revealing outfit, with a face full of makeup and posing in an ultra seductive manner but that all changed when I arrived. The team made me feel so comfortable and I looked completely different once I'd had my hair and makeup done, even when I wasn't too sure on the dramatic eyes as I only ever wear mascara and the smallest bit of eyeshadow. Beforehand I had no idea what to expect but being introduced to Andrea (who photographed me), changing into my lingerie and my stockings and then being told I looked fab really put me at ease.
As the photoshoot began, I admired the gorgeous french inspired chairs, beds, dressing tables and accessories I was lucky to be in the room with. There were two rooms which were similar in appearance but were used in different ways. The shoot lasted around 40 minutes and I was so stiff and exhausted by the end of it. I realised just how hard it was to stay put in the positions you're told to be in and I learnt that being a model must be much more advanced than originally thought. I don't think it'd be something I could do for a living and it's not as if I meet the standards anyway haha, but for a one off it was amazing. To be pampered, made to look a million dollars, experience the routine of an A-lister and have everything done for you was truly the perfect day. 
I'd totally recommend anything like this to girls and women of all ages, especially if you struggle with self esteem issues. The day was such a confidence booster and I was left feeling fresh, pretty and smiley for the rest of the day and couldn't wait to see how the pictures turned out. Upon waiting, I was apprehensive because I thought it would be impossible for the camera to show and produce how good I felt (especially as I'm not the most photogenic of people) but when we spent the evening at the house watching a slideshow that was put together especially to view our final group of pictures, I was pleasantly surprised. I looked more natural than I first thought as it was easy to look awkward when you've never done anything like this before. The photos looked really professional and I was even told by another lovely member of staff that a few of them looked like potential vogue photos! (Cue me having to hide my squeals of overjoy and honour). I was incredibly happy with the escapade as a whole and I even have my very own designed album to look back on whenever I feel sluggish. It was worth every penny!
So here's a few of the photos I picked out, some in black and white and some in colour (in our package we received colour, black and white and sepia for each photo). I'd love to know what you think!



Now I'm afraid I'm just going to have to end on a negative because it wouldn't be a post about me if I didn't have an apology to make about the bad points I've picked at the end! You will have to excuse the last photo which is certainly a dash raunchy from my usual photos (but a pair of bum cheeks can't do any harm, surely?) Strangely, my hair also looks super short here but I think it's because I'd had it cut a few days before AND it seems to shrivel up when it's curled with the straighteners which is a pain. Then there's the fact at this point I'd not started dieting and exercising to get my bikini bod for my holiday so you may just have ignore the flabby bits here and there... but apart from that, I can't complain!

Lots of love...
Share:

7 comments

  1. awesome shoot!
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a lovely shoot here! i adore the photos.

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos - I don't think I would ever be brave enough to do this! x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I thought the same but once you're there you become so much more comfortable xo

      Delete
  4. We were so happy you had a fab time Bridie xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig