Saturday 19 October 2013

The Liebster Award

Hello you lovely people, I'm back! Well technically I never left but as you may have noticed (or may not have if your attention spam is anything like mine) I've had to abandon my blog for a week or so. The household has had a crisis *gasp* not only have we been upside down decorating each room and stressing out at the fact it looks like a bomb site, the laptop charger (second one may I add) konked out on us and we've been searching for a contact email for HP customer services about what to do next. I've been dying to blog because it's become a comfort and escape of mine at the moment but instead I've had to ponder into normality facing internet withdrawals (excluding my not so reliable iPhone) and I've felt like a lost puppy without the big screen in front of me. Instead, I've had to eventually give in and result to my tiny netbook which has been tucked away safely in my wardrobe due to it being slower than slow can be so you may have to bear with me here...

The fabulous Jodie from Teacups and Bluebells nominated/tagged me for the Liebster Award. I was so excited when I saw I'd been mentioned which is probably a teeny bit sad but it's nice to feel recognised and satisfying to know your blog is enjoyed by at least one person. Jodie has a superb blog and has gone to much effort creating great questions, you should definitely all check her blog out!

If you're not familiar with the Liebster Award (which I wasn't at first) it is basically a way to discover and connect with new and upcoming blogs. Each person who is nominated has the choice of passing it on, kind of like a chain letter so we can get to know each other. 

The rules are:
1) Link the blogger(s) that nominated you.
2) Answer the 10 questions your nominator has asked.
3) Keep the chain growing by nominating 10 of your favourite bloggers who have less than 200 followers, and tell them.
4) Create 10 interesting questions for your nominees to answer.

***

1) If you could travel in time, where would you go?
Most definitely to the 1950's or 60's. I often find myself wishing I could have lived in that kind of era. I know times were more difficult back then; technology wasn't as advanced, money was a bigger problem etc but the world wasn't as messed up. Society wasn't as judgmental, there were manners, respect and lady like/gentleman ways. Girls didn't have to be a size zero, to dress half naked or pose with too much flesh revealed to be considered beautiful and real. You mainly had a baby when it was planned and you were in a stable relationship/marriage, not just to join the trend. The people, families and relationships meant more, they didn't have a lot but they appreciated what they did have. The streets, the attitudes, and the people themselves were classier and more dignified. You didn't have to worry about getting stabbed, kidnapped, or even murdered when you enjoyed a day out or your children went to play in the park. The law system, the housing system, the benefit system, the government and the ways and means of life in general were less ridiculous. Not to mention I loved the the fashion back then, the music, the way you'd go out dancing instead of clubbing and ending the night in your own vomit. Some may call me old fashioned but really, I just don't fit in with or agree with the way the world works today. 

2) What makeup item could you not live without?
I would have to say my L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara which I have used for about a year and a half now. I have tried other mascaras but I've always found myself going back to that one because that's the one that works the best for me and gives me the length and definition I desire. I look horrifying without mascara so I doubt I'd be able to function properly aware that my eyes look completely dead haha!

3) If you could only watch one TV show for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Ooh, this is a tough one. To be quite honest, I don't watch that much TV and aren't into these popular shows that most people rave about (especially the rubbish shows like TOWIE, Made in Chelsea and so on...). I love interesting real life documentaries, something you can laugh at, soaps, some reality programmes and some dramas. If I did have to say one I think it would be Don't Tell The Bride, I get so into the ups and downs of planning a wedding and love to see the end result. It makes me all happy inside and gets me thinking of what I'd want my own wedding day to be like. It'd either be that or Awkward, it may be cringy but it's SO good and not to mention, Beau Mirchoff and Nolan Gerard Funk are an absolute dream.

4) What's your favourite clothes shop?
This is such a hard one, anyone who knows me will speak about how addicted I am to shopping and I have so many favourites (on the high street and online) but I think the best has to be Primark or Zara. I love the style of Zara clothing but I love the reasonable prices in Primark and I'm such a bargain grabber!

5) The best holiday you've ever been on?
Without a doubt, Orlando in July this year. It was pretty much a dream come true for me, although I wish I'd had more time to visit all the sights over there. 

6) What would your idea of a perfect day be?
Let's just say it would involve a trip to a lovely city that is picture worthy, peaceful and pretty. I'd have a picnic with my favourite food or have afternoon tea at a vintage tearoom with a cup and saucer and a cupcake. I'd then go further into the big city away from the countryside or the seaside I'd desire to be, have a huge shopping spree, go see a musical, stay in a glam hotel with a spa and then finish the night off with a concert. Ah, busy but blissful paradise.

7) What county have you never been to, but really want to visit?
Italy, France or Amsterdam (even though that's a city). The perception of cute petite cafes, amazing food, entertainment and stunning scenery is one I'd love to experience in my lifetime. I'd also love to travel round other states in America.

8) Favourite band/artist?
My music taste is SO varied, I can't even begin to describe what my taste is as it ranges from classics, to pop, to indie, to soul but I have to say The Wanted who are and always will be my favourite group. Those boys are special to me in so many ways.

9) If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be and why?
This is such a difficult question to answer because on one hand I'd say a celebrity to experience the lifestyle, see how they handle fame, what they get up to and what they think but on the other, I'd choose someone who isn't too well known but is still popular throughout other sources. Perhaps a blogger with a big following to see if it's as honouring as I think it'd be or maybe even a fortune teller/psychic so I could see into my own future. 

10) What 3 words best describe you?
I'm guessing this isn't supposed to be a question that allows you to name all the negative things you dislike about yourself. I feel a bit awkward bigging myself up but I shall say opinionated, creative and helpful. 

My nominations:
1) Millie at Smudges of Thoughts
2) Imogen at Eloquence and Flair
3) Emily at Emily Likes Makeup
4) Jenny at Cardigans and Nails
6) Emily at Emilina Love
7) Hannah at Eve Wanted a Wardrobe
9) Olivia at Style Spotter
10) Bella at Fashion Cult

My questions:
1) What 3 things in life bring you the most happiness?
2) What is your most proudest moment?
3) If someone were to make a movie about yourself, which actor/actress would be most suitable to play your character?
4) What's something most people don't know about you?
5) What are your greatest talents?
6) What are your biggest passions in life?
7) If you knew the world was going to end in 24 hours, what would you do with the time and would you have any regrets?
8) If you could learn another language, what would it be?
9) What is your ultimate favourite piece of clothing?
10) Are you in a place/the person you are now that you thought you'd be 5 years ago?

I really enjoyed doing this even it did take me longer than it usually would on faster software! I hope the bloggers I've nominated enjoy doing this too and I shall look forward to seeing everyone else's answers!

Lots of love...

Share:

6 comments

  1. such a cute blog and design eee <3

    http://www.charlotteclothier.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this lovely comment, means a lot to a blogger beginner like me hehe :)
      xo

      Delete
  2. Glad you liked doing this! :) Loved reading your answers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm glad you enjoyed reading them :) your questions were fab xo

      Delete
  3. grat blog hon! <3
    would you like to follow each other?
    just let me know
    xx
    Marlena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for nominating me! Really appreciate it :) I'll be sure to fill in your Q's and blog this soon - thanks again! x x

    http://www.curiouser-and-curiouser.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig