Tuesday 31 December 2013

2014 is near, have a happy new year!

To be quite honest, I'm still bewildered at the fact 2013 will all end tonight when the clock strikes midnight. I can't quite get my head round where this year has gone, and  I only hope 2014 doesn't go as fast otherwise I'll be married with kids before I know it (utter scary thought there). In summary, this year has been pretty average, I've struggled through the bad times but picked myself up with the good, just like previous years but the major change being, 2013 was the year I began blogging and expressing my (not so) invigorating life on to the internet. Without sounding like I'm attending some sort of press conference, I'd like to start off by thanking every single one of you for taking an interest in my blog. I never thought 1 person would read my ramblings, let alone 41 (and 30 bloglovin' followers) and today I reached my 10,000 page view milestone which I couldn't be more pleased about! Every single comment means the world to me and in opposition, reading through the blogs that inspired me to create my own (and still do), plus discovering brand new blogs also adds to my enjoyment of blogging. 

I don't think you realise just how much an entire situation, person or place can change in a year until you look back on the events that have occurred throughout those 12 months and I think it's so easy to to forget everything that has happened which is why it's nice to look back and take a retrospective look of the memories shared. Mixed emotions arose as I gathered together pictures from all kinds of social networking and created a little cycle of proceedings. On one hand, my appreciation of the opportunities I've had and the people around me increases, but on the other hand, I can't help but think what I'd do differently if I had the chance to go back there again. Now, here's a little insight... 
 The year started with almost all towns and cities in Britain being embellished with snow, and lots of it. Although pretty to look at and take pictures of, I wasn't a fan of the cold and the trudging delicately to avoid a broken neck but if the snow decides to make a reappearance in 2014 when I have nothing to do or nowhere to go, it's more than welcome. Like most years, 2013 has been a year of concerts. and with 2 more already booked for February and March next year, I'm super excited to step foot in the venues and have that same wave of happiness that I feel every time, spread within me. In my eyes, there's nothing better than seeing my favourite band or music artist live, meeting up with those people who you've met through said artist and absorbing the joyful, fulfilled atmosphere, even if the endless queuing and waiting in the cold for hours doesn't seem worth it, it always is. Although I've been lucky enough to meet some of my favourite celebrities and musicians this year, it hasn't happened as much as I'd hoped (and the pictures are pretty hideous, which can only mean new ones are needed) so I think as that's what makes me smile the most, I'll continue taking up every chance that spirals in 2014. As I'm the sort of person who thinks being with family cures all concerns and boredom, I've encountered countless trips to the shops with family and friends this year, spent the majority of time either planning events for my family or being around them when those events are happening. My grandma's surprise 70th birthday party was a definite favourite moment of mine, we'd had it planned for months and no matter how many times she insisted she wanted a party, we had to cover up our 'guilty as charged' faces and wait for the night itself. It was a brilliant turn out and my Grandma's face as she walked in the door was priceless. It was a milestone for my brother this year as he left school, attended his end of year prom and started a new beginning in college. On the night of prom, him and his friends dolled up to the max and succeeded in becoming grown ups for the night. Everybody looked stunning and admittedly, I felt like a proud mum watching him mature into a young man. A fancy dress party we attended was another treasured night, full of laughs and silliness. I transformed into Marilyn Monroe and felt just like a glamour star (ok, maybe not as elegant as the lady herself). However, at my Boudoir Superstar photoshoot, I did feel like a million dollars. I've also been fortunate enough to take a few local trips away including a lovely trip to the seaside for the bank holiday, which ended the summer holidays on a high.
Something miraculous happened this year, and that was England actually having a hot summer (yes, you did hear right!). It made such a difference to how I spent my summer and how I could alter my outfits to actually look pretty, light and flowered. This time round I was able to meet the requirements of what the season should be about and participated in the things I love the most. My birthday was in mid June in which at the time it was typically raining but that didn't stop me having a whale of a time in Scarborough seeing my favourite boys The Wanted at one of their summer gigs, who coincidentally, I also saw a few days before at the very intimate and pleasant setting of An Audience With The Wanted. Aside from that, I mainly relaxed, found myself becoming more attached to fictional characters in both books and films and then being left an emotional mess. I also continued to gobble down mass amounts of my favourite food, explore the beautiful nature and surroundings (which doesn't look as appealing in the winter) and look forward to the main event of the year; going to FLORIDA! It was necessary to recite and reminisce Florida with caps lock because if it was socially acceptable, I'd still shout from the roof tops just how much I loved it there. Disney is my weakness, so are theme parks, so are sunsets, and unwinding by the pool with palm trees and funny looking creatures coming to say hello, and America had all of this gift wrapped. The memories of that place will no doubt stay with me forever and it is now my life goal to travel the rest of America and other places I desire to visit across the world (maybe I could incorporate that into my New Year Resolutions if I won the lottery). Another thing I found myself doing this year is picking out appropriate, meaningful life quotes and introducing them to my lifestyle and my mindset (and bedroom). I've been working on my bedroom all year, continuing to browse for inspiration and put in every inch of detail and purpose in the decor to make it more me. 
As Autumn/Winter drew in, my clothes changed, the weather changed, my makeup changed and even the colour of my hair changed. I've learnt an awful lot from blogging, most of which I haven't even had the chance to assert into the ever so circulating blogosphere.  Fashion became an even bigger part of my life, a skincare routine bloomed, an ever growing makeup collection became more noticeable and I became engrossed in nail art. I've had many ideas, tried out different products and worn many outfits but had no time to step back and review, therefore it's affected the way in which direction I want my blog to go in, something I hope to develop in 2014. Stepping away from that, if there's one thing I have learnt is that people aren't always going to stay the same and stick to what they say, the run up to a great life with no mishaps is not going to be a smooth run but maintaining your positivity and having faith in those people who are still around, will help and guide you along the way. I am extremely lucky to have such a supportive, trustworthy, genuine, unique and crazy bunch of people in my life. There's not many of them, but I've realised I'd much rather have a few people there who I know will always be there to lend a hand and succour in me fighting a daily battle, instead of a whole load of people whose words speak louder than their actions. Christmas time was extra special this year, especially when it comes down to remembering and cherishing our greatly missed, lost loved ones and appreciating those precious moments together as a family. One thing that stood out for me, was perceiving the development of my beautiful second cousins, Laila aged 3 and a half, and Bentley, aged 2. Comparing their vocabulary, their abilities, their individual, cheeky, adorable ways to last years Christmas manifests just shows how fast they grow and I'm so very overwhelmed by their evolution of being babies to young children with their own thoughts and views. As a matter of fact, it's made me look forward to the day I settle down with a partner who understands me and the day we decide to create a family and whoever that may be, I hope there is an incline of your show in the new year (I should have warned everyone of that soppiness spilling over, I'm sorry). 


Quite clearly, there have been some remarkable moments and highlights in 2013, but realistically, I'm looking forward to a fresh start in 2014. I'm hoping for a further positive change, and will try my very best to contribute towards that and reach the goals I've always dreamed of. As each year passes, it proves you can get through whatever challenges life throws at you and when remembering everything you got up to, you notice that the delightful times always override those days when you feel like nothing will improve. As an end to an insightful post from my ever so uncontrollable brain, I have gathered together some New Years Resolutions that I'm going to have to push myself to stick by this year.

My blog
1) Post more regularly and make those posts much less long-winded and more broadened and appropriate for what my readers are interested in seeing from me (so if there's any suggestions do let me know).

2) Have a revamp of my design. I do get bored mega easily so it would be great for me to either interpret some minor changes or go all out and completely change my blog and its design around.

3) Improve my photography on my blog. I'm still yet to get the hang of my new Nikon, and my aim for 2014 is to get my photography up to a higher standard and to the look I desire.

4) Become involved with Twitter blog chats. I always seem to miss these subjected chats every week and this year, I'm going to plug it into me that I must remember to join in as I think it's a great way to meet other bloggers and open up a bigger variety. I may even consider setting up a separate Twitter page dedicated to my blog instead of communicating via my personal account.

Life all round
1) Become much more motivated. This means in all ways, in changing my diet and exercising daily, to following my heart and my head and getting on with what I want to do instead of putting it behind me constantly.

2) Develop a normal, regular sleeping pattern. Now for me, this will be tough as there's many factors in my life that has messed my sleeping pattern up left, right and centre. But, with every force within me, I am going to try my hardest to go to bed at the same/a similar time every night and get up at the same/similar time every morning to develop a regular routine. I feel this will benefit me in many ways. It will affect my mood, making my down days much easier to deal with, it will make my skin healthier, my eyes less baggy, my brain in a less over-thinking state at 2am and I'll feel refreshed therefore, feeling healthier and less drained.

3) Stop thinking too much into things. I have a major, irritating habit that grinds down and prevents me from doing what I want to do. Next year I want to try out a new technique; stop dwelling and worrying about things that can no longer be changed and use them as something you can learn from instead, stop hesitating whether or not to do that thing you've been avoiding or holding back from telling someone your feelings and just go ahead and do it, as long as it doesn't hurt anybody close to me in the process. If you want dreams to happen, I guess you can't sit and wait for it, you have to get up and make it happen. After all, this year overall has shown you just don't know what's around the corner.

4) Spend more time appreciating the people I do have in my life. At times I can be selfish, I can say things I don't mean/say the wrong thing, and take advantage of not only the people I have in my life, but the luxuries too. Next year I want to focus on the present tense and make the most of every gratifying moment but also spend less time being nice to the people who take advantage and focus more on the people who deserve my attention and truly do care.

5) Continue to get rid of the badness in my life and don't let things bother me as much. The best decision I could have made towards the end of 2013 is to wave good riddance to the disappointments, the users and the let downs, I now need to follow on from that and try and brush the ignorance and hypocrisy of some people straight past me. I get annoyed way too easily and this year, I'm going to attempt to forget about what I see and read, try and not let it bother me and take my mind elsewhere. I think my attitude to life will improve that way.

6) Help others. Continuing on from focusing on the present tense, that includes focusing on using my own experiences to make a difference to others and attempt to inspire others. I would like to take part in some more voluntary and charity work, maybe even fundraising. I have plans on which direction I want to put myself in. 

7) Stop spending so much money on items I do not necessarily need (but this excludes splurging out on high end skincare products as that's something I'd like to do next year). As a girl, we all know we're guilty of spending, spending and spending some more on clothes, shoes, accessories, makeup, beauty products and so on. As a blogger, it becomes even tougher to resist going out and buying the latest craze. For me, a clothes obsession is the main problem and I think it's time I cut back on what I do spend on clothes before my wardrobe explodes. Somehow, i think this will be one of my resolutions that won't stay put for long, but I can give it a try, right?

8) Catch up with old friends/friends I haven't seen or spoke to properly for while and arrange to meet up with friends that I've never had the chance to meet. Next year, I'd love to start spending more time with my true friends and creating those old moments that I deeply miss.  It'd be even better if I got the chance to meet new friends too, especially if it evolved from my blog or my interests I'm passionate about. 

9) Arrange and plan more gigs/music events. Finally, I wish to have a very musically orientated 2014. Music is a big part of my life anyway, but next year I hope to discover some new bands or maybe not as that's more bankruptcy and spend the remaining cash I hopefully save when refraining buying clothes, on my current favourite music artists and new and upcoming ones. Ultimately, I'm my cheeriest and most uplifting when around music, so it will count towards and undoubtedly play a part in my love for it.

10) Get started on organising my 21st birthday. I have a few ideas in mind, no pointless parties or something that will be no relevance to me whatsoever, but I'd like to spend the day/weekend doing something extra special that I'll enjoy and treasure. There will be the usual family meal I suppose, and then I'd like to jet off somewhere I've never been before. London, Ireland, possibly even France (if I save up that is).

I think it will be greatly interesting to look back on this post in another year and A) See how well I've done at sticking by my resolutions and telling the truth and B) Evaluating and analysing how/if my blog developed the way I wanted and hoped it would. I'm excited to see where the adventures of me and my blog will lead in the next year and I'm enthusiastic to see what 2014 brings. I do apologise for my sloppy and almost cringe worthy statements in this post but if there's ever a time to be like that, it's at the end of a fulfilled year. 


If you're still reading; first of all, you're amazing, secondly, please go take a break because I can only imagine how deprived of entertainment you must be with me babbling on and thirdly, thank you, so much and I hope you continue to stay with me and enjoy the next chapter of Oh So Bridie as 2014 approaches. Now as said, I best crack on with resolution number 1 straight away and go start getting ready for tonight. Happy New Year, enjoy those last moments of 2013 to the extreme, and have a drink on me!


Lots of love...

Share:

3 comments

  1. great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig