Monday 28 April 2014

Recent Spring/Summer purchases


It's reached that time of year again when Spring is slowly but surely creeping in with Summer following not far behind. With the sun, comes thoughts of hot, fun packed days, holidays abroad, a healthy tan, and most of all, fresh, light clothing and a summer splurge which will accompany you on the events you have planned. I realised most of my clothes were made up of dull colours such as black and grey and I felt it was time to make a start on my summer wardrobe. I say 'make a start' and have purposely named this 'Part 1' of my haul because I have so much more to buy, or should I say what I'm wishing to buy, which will be taken with me to Spain in June but also, hopefully (fingers crossed depending on if we actually get any warm weather this summer) will be worn when I get back too. Everywhere I look, there seems to be more and more items I'm falling head over heels for and they're added to my list in an instance. I think the high street shops and the online retailers are really on point this S/S; in particular Topshop, H&M and New look, the collections in there are so lovely. The bright and unique patterns are specifically catching my eye as well as the usual pretty lace and floral details, the gorgeous bralets and as you can guess, the co ords. I've found a new love in coordinates. I feel I've said the word summer way too much in this long paragraph so I guess I should just crack on and show you what I've bought so far...

Gingham Bralet £18.00 - Topshop

Daisy Cami £7.99 - New Look | Turquoise Crochet Top £4 - Primark 

Patterned Skort £10.00 - Primark

Bow Back Trilby £7.99 - New Look

Bikini Top £4.00 - Primark | Bikini Bottoms £3 - Primark | White Retro Sunglasses £2.00 - Primark

Tribal Print Crop Vest £5.99 - New Look | Tribal Print Tube Skirt £9.99 - New Look

Floral Co-Ord £13 - thehomemadecloset (Instagram)

Tie Dye Palm Tree Print Cami £6.00 - Boohoo | Tie Dye Palm Tree Print Mini Skirt £8.00 - Boohoo

Light Pink Dress £9.99 - H&M | Floral Dress £9.99 - H&M

Floral Shift Dress £10.00 - Boohoo

Some of these things were in the sale, some were picked up on random trips out shopping where it was impossible to resist placing them in my basket (like the Primark skort for example), and some were what I'd been saving up for, for a while now. I'm doing this thing where I sort out and sell my unwanted clothing, bring in the cash, and then spend it all on new clothing and it seems to be working well so far! Speaking of that, if you have a spare moment and fancy browsing through my goods, you can check out my Depop here and I will be updating it regularly (sneaky plug there). Have you done any of your Spring/Summer shopping yet?
Share:

5 comments

  1. You've picked up some really nice summery things! I especially love that primark skort and the light pink H&M dress :)

    Millie x
    smudgesofthoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so summery! I love the turquoise crochet top.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe I love all of these! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these!
    That Boohoo shift dressis gorgeous - does it fall quite loosely on??

    Stevie
    VintageAndVans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice and loose fit but I had to get a size down as my usual size looked huge on me! So I'd definitely say it's a bigger fit xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig