Monday 3 November 2014

Wishlist: the Christmas beauty edition

1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10

October has passed by in the blink of an eye and now November is in full swing. For me, this can only mean one thing; ONE MONTH UNTIL CHRISTMAS. With only 7 (yes, 7!) more Mondays until Christmas arrives, the festive period is only a moment away and I now think it's acceptable to prepare, plan and start publishing the Christmas related blog posts. To be honest, I think the build up to Christmas is actually more exciting than the day itself. I don't know what it is, maybe the gift guides, the decorations, the markets, the jumpers and of course, the lists you put together to give Santa your family an idea on what you would like. 

This year I've come to the conclusion that I will be more than happy with an entire collection of beauty related presents and I've put together a list of my top ten most favoured products. Since becoming a blogger, I've stepped up the game and gone all high end. Don't get me wrong, I still love my staple products that I can pick up from my local drugstores without a problem but the blogosphere has shown me paying that bit extra for quality you notice a difference from is always worth it. 

Creating and sticking to a skincare regime has become an important part of my daily routine. I do like to mix up and try out a range of products but I always make sure I stick with the same category (in other words, ensure they are going to be of advantage to my often troublesome and combination skin). I'm always guilty for wanting to join the hype towards a certain product and try it out myself. You will probably realise when looking at this list that the majority I've picked out are the 'popular' kind but because they're so raved about and I still haven't got round to testing them out, I thought Christmas would be the perfect opportunity to give my loved ones a few options to choose which ones are in their price range.

The Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm, Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser, Balance Me Radiance Face Oil, Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair and Origins Clear Improvement Mask have been on my wishlist for a long time. I'm always on the hunt for a refreshing face mask that will also help the way my skin is so prone to breakouts. I love to apply a mask when my skin feels lifeless and I think the Origins mask would tick all the boxes (also, this would be my first ever use of a Origins skincare product apart from the Origins Super Spot Remover). After trying the Merumaya Cleansing Balm (which you can read about here) I'm dying to sample another balm, in particular the most talked about Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm purely because it seems to contain everything a cleanser should. I'm also eager to experiment with facial oils and serums, especially now the colder weather is nearing in. The Balance Me Radiance Face Oil and Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair are more on the expensive side but I'm seriously in need of something that will keep my skin alive, especially something I could apply in the evening so it gives it a boost overnight. As for the Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser, I am searching for the perfect moisturiser which provides hydration and protects my skin leaving it feeling softened and this has been up there with the moisturisers that meet my desires ever since I developed a love for looking after the skin.

Moving on to makeup, currently I can't get enough of lipsticks. When it gets to the A/W months and the summer lip colours are put away into storage, I secretly let out a sigh of thankfulness. As much as I love the lighter shades, I think the darker shades are much more suited to my skin tone. The reds, nudes and deeper rose pink colours are my most prized. Quite frankly, I would like to own the entire Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution collection. I can picture a daily use for every shade but one that did stand out was the beautiful berry colour 'Love Liberty'. Illamasqua lipsticks are also on my list of lipsticks to trial, especially the Glamore collection. The shade 'Minx' is right up my street, fitting in with my preferences; it's the perfect balance between a nude and a warm rose. The Body Shop's InstaBlur is another product I've heard a lot of positive reviews about and I'm all for a product that works with blurring out the imperfections because I have plenty of those! I'm sure every blogger and their mother has heard about the Stila In The Light Palette and seen as I now wear eyeshadow on a daily basis as well as on occasion, I think the basic colours and the more shimmery colours could be applied to create so many looks whilst still keeping that neutral structure. Finally, we have the Zoeva Face Shape Brush. I am in need of a good contour brush and the Zoeva brushes never fail to impress. Again, if I had the funds to do so, I would purchase the whole lot of Zoeva brushes!

Have you tried any of these products on my wishlist and more importantly, have you started your Chtistmas lists yet?
Share:

2 comments

  1. The Emma Hardie is already on my wish list too. Been telling my mam since July I'd like another pot for Christmas! Also the Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks look amazing. I wish they had a stand in Newcastle. I don't like buying lipsticks before I swatch them.

    Katie. X www.katiejaneonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wondeful wishlist! Looks amaze - I have estee lauder night repair - you will love it!!! Just gives you glowing skin in the morning x

    LondonBeautyxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig