Thursday 13 November 2014

What I wore: glasses, pink knit and all monochrome

Jumper - New Look | Skirt - Primark | Shoes - New Look | Bag - New Look | Glasses - Ralph Lauren via Vision Express

What's that you say - glasses? Has my eyesight suddenly deteriorated? Well that is a definite no, my eyesight has been terrible for a number of years now but the genius invention of contact lenses has disguised this brilliantly. As I've had a stinker of a cold recently and my eyes have been even more sensitive than usual, I decided to give my eyes a break, make a swap and add my glasses into the occasion. I can't say it's going to be a regular change as I don't think I particularly suit them (the only positive being I look a little less like a child and more like a business woman, a trick I should interpret when getting rejected for a lottery ticket) but at least it's something different - unlike the beautiful background setting of my garage (hint the sarcasm). I'm so fed up of the same old location and often wish I was one of these bloggers who has access to the oh so picturesque London, as well as the tranquil country locations, and a fancy photographer boyfriend/friend who you can call upon whenever you need but unfortunately I live a pretty average life with only the front and back garden as my backdrop. My goal for the new year is to mix things up a bit, I guess I'll have to find some hidden local spots and persuade my brother to trudge along with me. 

This outfit makes me feel as though I've transported back to the 90's and have been given an extra part in Clueless but I seriously can't get enough of the light pastel on top of bold prints look. Pink is always a colour I come back to, I try and step away from the girly side of me because I feel like I'm growing out of that stage but when this high neck gem was shown to said fragile eyes, I couldn't resist. It's such a good basic to have too, recently I've been trying to minimalise my wardrobe and stick to the plain garments that will take me all through to next season and the season after that. Look at me being all fashion forward!

Hope everyone is having a lovely (and not too stressful) week!

Share:

4 comments

  1. That jumper looks such a nice fit and the colour is really pretty :) I really need to start adding some more neutral pieces to my wardrobe, I have far too many patterned things that don't really go together!
    i also think those glasses suit you lovely :D

    Louise / www.asseenonlouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore this outfit - the colour combo is perfect! Your glasses look lovely, I'm meant to wear glasses but I hate how they make my face look so never do. I need to hunt for the right pair! x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  3. the bag and the shoes!!!! The combo is blooming lush <3
    The Pixie Cut | Cosmo Blog award winner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the glasses look really nice! And of course I love the monochrome outfit - who doesn't love a bit of monochrome?! My favourite piece is the skirt, it's a lovely surprise that it's from Primark!

    Claire, Style Affinity

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig