Wednesday 3 February 2016

Wednesday Wishlist: brooding for bomber jackets

1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12

This season is taking me back in time way before my youth (and birth for that matter). The fast appearing bomber jacket trend is transporting me back to the 80s and 90s, allowing me to soak in the bad-ass mod meets sporty vibe that I never had the chance to trial; and I'm not the only one who's noticed. It's funny watching my mum excitedly relive her golden days as she shops, filling me in on the pre fashion and how she wishes she'd kept all her old garments whilst I trod along half listening, half trying to figure out whether or not I'd be able to pull off the padded bomber look.

I love the simplicity of the bomber jacket, the off duty, casual look really does it for me on a day where you want to feel comfortable and look (slightly) cool at the same time. As Spring moves in, the variation from dark to light colours becomes more apparent and outwear gradually transitions, a lightweight jacket becomes an easy piece. I'm routing for the quilted, satin and scuba material with added details such as pockets and popper fastens. I'm yet to venture into the bomber jacket collection but I do hope I like what I see in the mirror when I do eventually jump out of my usual comfort zone and try one on. I'm aiming to go full out, rid of the typical safe black, white and grey, and go for a pink or golden shade. What do you think?

Bridie x

Don't forget to enter my Stylefruits giveaway as it ends TONIGHT!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig