Saturday 6 February 2016

What I wore: the lace, suede and faux fur trio


Faux Fur Jacket - H&M | Blouse - Wholesale Buying | Skirt - Zara | Boots - eBay

How to look like a yeti in a mini skirt - a story by me. When I received this beautifully detailed blouse from Wholesale Buying I wasn't only just pleasantly surprised at how pretty it was, but I was also desperate to figure out how I could style it to ensure I'm displaying it to its full advantage. Flash forward to a brainstorming of that 70s knee high boot paired with a suede skirt (and an under layer to maintain all dignity re flashing the bra and post Christmas tum), and voilĂ , we're on to a winner. 

You know when you have a clear idea of the outfit you want to put together but you need a final piece which will just set it off dramatically? Well, this ah-mazing faux fur jacket provided the right amount of a pop of ombre colour to give that well needed edge. 


Clashing three textures together worked as well as can do (actually better than I thought). Although the blouse is right up my street and ticks all the boxes for my feminine side, the heavy faux fur was an on-taking step out of the ordinary for me. I'm used to basic jackets and long boyfriend coats in my outerwear collection so this was a solitary addition BUT, I love it, and I felt super Kate Moss-esque as I strutted my cul-de-sac on an unexpectedly mild day in February. Mild enough for me to brave the bare legs, anyway. 

Bridie x

P.S. huge congrats to Aisling for winning my giveaway and thank you so much to everyone who entered!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig