Wednesday 12 June 2013

An Audience With...

Yesterday I attended a long awaited event to see my favourite boyband in Sheffield, in a cinema, which was called 'An Audience With The Wanted'. It was such an amazing night (but I'll get onto that later), firstly I just wanted to share my outfit of the night. I know the quality is rubbish and I am going to try and fiddle with my camera settings to see if I can make my outfit posts look any better which is hard without being able to put a lens on my camera but I shall try my very best!

DRESS: Forever 21 // SHOES - River Island // BAG - Everything 5 Pounds //
BRACELETS - New Look // NECKLACE - Miss Selfridge


I've loved and wanted this dress for so long and finally scraped the money together last week and then today I find out it's been reduced to £14.99 TYPICAL, but oh well. The lace down the side is so pretty and with it being a plain shift dress, you can dress it up or down as much as you want. 



I thought I'd include a close up of the details and the little studs around the neckline, plus my make-up of the day which never changes as all I tend to wear is mascara, foundation, concealer, powder, blusher and lipstick/lipgloss.


Here's another close up of my cute locket necklace I got from the Miss Selfridge sale around a month ago. It also opens up so you can place a picture inside but I haven't got round to doing that yet. I'm a bit indecisive when it comes to choosing pictures! But for £2, I thought I picked up a bargain and it's ideal to go with any type of outfit. 



Okay, so now onto the fun part. I know boybands aren't everyone's taste but to me, these five boys are very special. They've been out of the country a while with how enormous their success is now and to see them so close to home in such a small, intimate setting was amazing because I'd missed them very much. The evening consisted of a Q&A, a short video to watch and 4 acoustic performances which were perfect. It reminded me why I love and support them in the first place, they're not like famous people, they're more like friends you've known all your life. It was full of laughter, banter and interaction between the boys and the fans and to get that experience of looking back on old footage with the boys from where it all began was not only cute and emotional, but also surreal. It meant we could share our pride together and realise just how far they've grown in 3 years. 


Speaking of friends, I've met so many brilliant people through The Wanted and yesterday I spent the night with my friend, Caitlin. 


And we also met a lovely girl and her mum in the queue behind us who stayed with us for the rest of the night.


That's the thing I love most about these events, catching up with people you haven't seen for a while, meeting people you've spoke to online and meeting complete strangers who you end up getting on with extremely well because you share the same interests. 

I didn't get many decent photos because of the poor lighting but here's a few...



It was also extremely good to see Nathan back in full spirits and singing stronger than ever after his tough couple of months. He is a trooper!

The day was full of smiles and happiness and now I'm looking forward to seeing them again at a gig in Scarborough on Friday, on my birthday. It's not too much to ask for a shout out is it? Hehe.


Lots of love...


Share:

3 comments

  1. You look absolutely gorgeous,this dress is beautiful,i love this colour!!

    That must have been a great evening!! :) #jealous ;) !
    Honestly you have the most amazing eyes I've ever seen !!!

    Lots of love hun xo xo ♥ ♥ '' Think Pink | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog " ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, that is so sweet! And thank you for being my first ever comment on a blog post too! :)

      The colour is such a nice, summery colour, shame we don't have the sun to match with it anymore!

      Yes, it was brilliant evening - one to remember! I have followed and browsed your blog, it's lovely.

      Lots of love back to you xo

      Delete
  2. Love the outfit! so jealous you got to go to see an audience with the wanted! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig