Saturday 16 August 2014

Five festival inspired outfits

Although festival season is very nearly ending and August is living up to it's 'I will rain every day of the week for one whole month' reputation, there's still the odd one or two events happening here and there, in particular a local of mine and a huge favourite, the Leeds fest, and the V Fest this weekend.  I'm not a festival kind of gal, the thought of being cramped together, camping out, not having access to a decent shower and bracing the public toilets is actually quite horrifying but I can understand people who put that aside and attend purely for the music and the atmosphere, because that alone must be a moment to remember. Something I do absolutely love however, is festival inspired fashion. When summer comes around it's a standard for me to browse the street style - festival edition on blogs, magazines and even round and about the alleys to see what's trending, for me to then inject that into my own style (even if it does end up just being a wellies and raincoat job). 

THE CO ORD
Co-ord - Missguided | Jacket - Dunnes (old) | Necklace - Forever 21 | Sandals - Primark

Up until this year, I don't think co-ords were well known; now they're all out in their glory and it's all I've seen ever since. Not that I'm complaining, they've slowly become a favourite of mine, so easy to style and there's one for every occasion. Although choosing what to wear to most festivals in Britain is often weather dependent, I think placing a jacket, a kimono, a cardigan etc over a co-ord solves the problem.

THE PLAYSUIT
Playsuit - Boohoo | Boots - New Look | Sleeveless Cardi - Primark | Hat - Primark | Bag - Primark

A trusty cami playsuit with that beachy, festival vibe to it has always been my most reliable throw on and then dress up kind of outfit. You can make the simplest of playsuits look striving just by accessorizing. I don't think you can go wrong with choosing a playsuit as your staple piece for a festival; they're comfortable and don't require much effort so that's one less thing to worry about when you're enjoying yourself.

THE DRESS
Dress - Kiss The Sky at Ark | Sandals - Primark | Hat - New Look | Necklace - Forever 21

The dress, always a first choice in my eyes; especially when it has that hippie ambiance (and elephants, you've got to love elephants!) to it so it looks as though you've thought deeply about the kind of thing you're likely to see within festival fashion. I just love how wide open the options are when it comes down to wearing a dress for a festival. Short, long, sleeveless, long sleeved, patterned, plain, casual, classy, no matter which one you pick out of your wardrobe, the possibilities of styling are endless.


THE DENIM SHORTS
Shorts - River Island | Belt - New Look | Vest - Monki | Jacket - Quiz | Sandals - Primark | Bag- Primark

Denim shorts will never go out of fashion (well maybe in 50 years time, but definitely not in today's day and age). I think they've always been a long term preference for festival wear and in all different types too. I personally lean more towards the high waisted boyfriend shorts, purely so it covers up all my wobbly bits, but hot pants and short shorts are just as accepted. Once again, it's plain sailing when dressing up or dressing down your denim shorts and the great thing is, you can pile on as many layers as you want.

THE KIMONO
Kimono - eBay | Dress - Boohoo | Boots - Primark | Headband - Primark | Necklace - Forever 21

Another recent craze has been the kimono, something I try so hard to pull off but never succeed in. As much as I love the heavily patterned and tasseled kimonos, I always find myself going back to the ordinary. Settling for plain, basic colours works for me (and for many others) as you can throw them on top off anything. Here, I've gone for the 'boho' look. Another one of my festival favourites, with ankle boots, head wear, crochet and jewellery completing the look.

Have you been to a festival or have any upcoming festivals? What's your favourite piece to wear?

Share:

10 comments

  1. The Playsuit & The Denim Shorts are definitely something I'd wear, no worries about flashing your pants when your jumping about and they both look super comfy but stylish at the same time :) xxx

    Blog This With Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the playsuit outfit is my fave, but I am loving your jacket in the denim shorts outfit as well!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these looks are so pretty! You have a nice style!



    http://jeansandroses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are looking absolutely stunning in these photos~ Love your flower crown xx

    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the 3/4th outfits, gorgeous!

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVED this posts, your style is perfect! Just started following you sweet, looking forward to more of your posts!
    Lydia xo
    www.LydiaRosexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute outfits! love the co-ord the most x

    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That co-od set and the elephant dress are so cute! Great outfit choices sweetie :)

    www.hdotxo.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig