Saturday 22 August 2015

Style: ten festival inspired outfits

As August comes to a near end, festival season heightens. With V Fest this weekend, Leeds Fest and Fusion Fest next weekend, and Sundown the week after that, I thought it was only natural for me to prepare another festival fashion inspired post. I did a very similar post last year and reading back, nothing has changed. I still don't think I could bear being in a swamped field surrounded by overly drunken people whilst I hide in my tent with a cuppa and pretend I'm not pining for a shower, warmth and clean bed sheets BUT what proves to be true is I love revisiting the typical (and sometimes not so typical) festival style, even if that does mean I can dress up and prance around but then only venture out into my back garden. Last year I picked out five outfits, but this year I've upped my game and collected ten. Now, if only there were hundreds of tents, burger vans and a stage behind me...

NUMBER ONE - THE PLAYSUIT
Although not always ideal for the tussle of the portaloo's, I think a pair of dungarees with an on trend blouse underneath sets off a simple selection.
Dungarees - Zara | Blouse - Missguided | Shoes - Forever 21

NUMBER TWO - THE BUTTON DOWN SKIRT
I reflected on my admiration for a-line button down skirts in a previous wishlist post and I still stick to it. Throw in some boho and fringing detail and a pair of sandals and you're a fine line between casual yet chic dressing.
Skirt - Stradivarius | Top - Forever 21 | Lace Up Sandals - Primark | Hat - Primark | Bag - H&M

NUMBER THREE - THE CROCHET STAPLE
You can't ever have a festival trip without some beloved crochet. A basic dress topped with accessories (and an extremely handy belt pouch) is a great on the spot 'what should I wear' decision.
Dress - Miss Selfridge  | Belt Bag - Primark | Boots - Primark | Hat - Primark 

NUMBER FOUR - THE DENIM DRESS
Let's be fair, who doesn't wear denim at a festival? Not only that, a full on denim dress means you're head to toe on trend and don't have to worry about putting too much effort in when all you wanna do is dance.
Dress - Forever 21 | Bag - Primark | Hat - Primark | Boots - Primark

NUMBER FIVE - THE JACKET AND SCARF COMBO
Whether it's a kimono, a blazer or a bulkier jacket, a statement piece with an optional neck scarf thrown into the mix makes it appropriate for the guaranteed rainy weather, ensures comfort and makes you stand out from the rest.
Jacket - Boohoo | Top - H&M | Shorts - Stradivarius | Shoes - Zara | Skinny Scarf - ASOS | Hat - Primark | Bag - Vintage

NUMBER SIX - THE BARDOT STRIPE
Stripes, stripes, stripes. All day everyday, if it was acceptable, it's all I'd wear. You can never go wrong with the styling of stripes no matter the position, the shape and the cut. A bardot swing dress like this allows you to show off your shoulders and stay nice and lightweight (in more than one way). 
Dress - Boohoo | Boots - eBay | Skinny Belt - ASOS | Hat - Primark | Camera Bag - Primark

NUMBER SEVEN - THE SLEEVELESS JACKET
The combination of a bold printed dress and an over layer of some kind will always be my favourite. Sleeveless jackets just add that extra depth to an outfit, especially if the colours clash like this gorgeous burgundy and black. 
Dress - Ark | Sleeveless Jacket - Boohoo | Boots - Primark | Hat - Primark | Shoes - Primark | Bag - H&M

NUMBER EIGHT - THE WHITE DENIM
Keeping it minimal with an oversized shirt and denim shorts is a job well done at a festival. You'll be cool, comfy and have plenty of room for the fun adventures. It's nice to change up the usual denim to white denim, plus it still hopes for some more summer.
Shirt - Forever 21 | Shorts - Topshop via Depop | Sandals - Primark | Hat - Primark | Bag - Primark

NUMBER NINE - THE LAYERED SHIRT
A chunky shirt thrown over some basics is a perfect match and just screams out festival wear. That one shirt that goes with pretty much everything means you can once again keep it simple with stripes and denim. Plus it gives you the option of adapting to the weather! Too warm? Take it off. Freezing later on? Pop it back on and embrace the snugness.
Top - Zara | Shorts - Topshop | Shirt - H&M | Sandals - Mango | Hat - H&M

NUMBER TEN - THE SUEDE SKIRT
Tan and camel colours are my top picks whatever the occasion. I think browns just work so well together, and with suede being the in thing at the moment, a focus skirt is the answer. The double layered button ups on this outfit completes the contrast and by placing a crop top over a long sleeved top, you get the two in one effect.
Skirt - ASOS | Bell Sleeve Blouse - ASOS | Crop Top - Ark | Bag - H&M | Hat - H&M

Have you been to any festivals this year? What's your go to, first choice outfit?

Bridie x
Share:

4 comments

  1. bridie i LOVE your outfit choices. i'm a huge fan of oversized anything at a festival - it's practical and a great extra layer when the weather isn't looking too great! x

    www.thedressdiaries.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the boohoo blazer, I wore it yesterday and had so many compliments ! I Wish I could pull of these looks at a festival
    Distant Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your outfit posts Bridie! You have chosen some lovely outfits, my favourite is the second one!

    Nicola | www.thebeautymonologue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved this post Bridie! Your sense of style is to die for especially the bags you choose - they always compliment your outfits perfectly! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig