Tuesday 24 February 2015

What I wore: monochrome and blanket wrap coats

Blouse - Zara | Leggings - Primark | Coat - Primark | Shoes - Primark | Hat - Primark

Making the most of the sunny Spring-like weather last week, I ventured outside to take what seemed to be a long awaited outfit photo spree. Pre-planning with the trusty weather app definitely paid off as I'm much happier with the quality of these photos. It's just a shame the glorious sunshine which almost(italics) felt warm, soon disappeared as the week went on. I think I was a little too enthusiastic on the weather front. It's now reversed into full winter mode and I'm left pining for spring (here I go again...)

Meanwhile, whilst the weather chills right through my bones, I have this super comfortable blanket wrap coat from good old Primark to keep me snug. I've never considered myself ever looking socially acceptable in a long coat; I just never thought they'd suit me, until now! This navy beauty ticks all the right boxes and I've never had the £10 bargain off since. You may have noticed I'm wearing one of the items I lusted over on my Zara wishlist. Yep, it happened. I just couldn't hold off any longer and gave in to having a small Zara splurge, and I'm so glad I did decide to treat myself because I've found another favourite wardrobe staple with this monochrome beauty. I absolutely love the cut of it, v neck and black and white never let me down! 

Now, moving downwards on my outfit, your eyes definitely aren't deceiving you. Yes, that's me, wearing heels. Being more expressive in the shoes department is another change I'm trying to implement. Unsurprisingly, these are another proud Primark possession and when I spotted them, I had to have them. I don't tend to wear heels often but these were screaming at me and going for the print, I thought they'd pair perfectly with my brand new blouse, topped with my favourite red lippy. I can totally feel a Primark haul coming up!

Hope you're all having a lovely week!

Bridie x
Share:

6 comments

  1. Such a gorgeous outfit! I am in love with that coat - and the fact it's from Primark makes me love it even more!

    Beth / Bethany Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the black & white print blouse together with the navy coat- looks great x
    Laura | A Life With Frills 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit, can't believe the coat is from Primark! What a find. You have gorgeous hair too xx

    MissyRed.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely outfit and your coat is such a pretty color and looks so comfy. I love your shoes too and the print on them.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its one of those can't believe its from Primark moment, That coat and the fedora, so lovely!! x

    Unfashionable Sundays

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute and chic outfit! Love the color of coat,

    http://kelliemiyoko.blogspot.com

    x Kellie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig