Wednesday 20 May 2015

Wednesday Wishlist: Habitat homeware inspiration

1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8

Finally, after what seems like months (actually, what is months back) I've made a start on rejuvenating my bedroom. Well, when I say made a start, I mean I've contacted the local decorator and he's made arrangements to visit one evening this week to estimate the price of painting and wallpapering. I'm hoping it's affordable, mainly because I feel like I've been waiting forever to change the entire design but even so, I'd still find a way to pay because there's just no going back once I have my excited head on.

Yesterday morning, another new addition arrived (with a call from the delivery man to let us know they were on their way, at 7am! srsly, Homebase) and that was my dressing table/makeup storage/general hoarding mess once I've got started with the de-cluttering. It's a glossy white shade with one single draw and a big enough space on top but small enough dimensions to fit into my tiny room. I can't even express how much I'm looking forward to DIY'ing and making it into my personal space. As the desk came from Homebase, I remembered Habitat goods were also sold within Homebase and then it reminded me of all the matching, practical decor I've had my eye on when discovering and browsing the Habitat website now and again. The increase in interest for interiors has tripled whilst I've been lusting over everything I desire (especially on the likes of gh0stparties instagram page) and now I only seem to settle for the same thing; crisp and classic. I believe choosing the right tones and accessories for a room can completely transform it and that's what I intend to do. The 'theme' for my bedroom is fresh white with hints of silver, chrome, copper and pine. I want to keep everything bright, airy and minimal and all the items listed here would fit in well. I feel like for someone who doesn't own their home yet, I am way too into homeware.

Where are your favourite places to shop for homeware? I'd love some more inspo!

Bridie x
Share:

5 comments

  1. Ah I literally want everything on this list - I just love looking for homeware inspo :) Habitat is fab. I also love Dunlem Mill, H&M home and Next home (and Ikea, obvs!)

    Beth x
    Bethany Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post!! I'm moving into my first flat next month so you've definitely given me some great inspiration!!

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously want everything on this list! I love the colour scheme! x
    Aisling | Aislings beauty bytes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your picks, the colour are exactly the colours I'd use in my home! Number 7 is a big favourite.x
    eastofsiam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am obsessed with everything on your list! Can't wait to see the outcome :)

    Sophie Cliff

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig