Wednesday 20 April 2016

Wednesday Wishlist: The Copper Homeware Edit


I never try to deny the fact I'm an impulsive clothes, shoes, and handbags addict. In fact I'm almost certain I shock myself with how much is piled onto my various want, need, must have section as each day passes and it's guaranteed I'll dedicate enough time throughout the week to log on to both high street and designer sites to add lots of lust worthy pieces to the wishlists as long as my bank receipts. However, as I'm growing old and gracefully, I have the same nonchalant fascination for homeware. My excitement levels will surely reach their peak if I discover that one gem that is bound to bring a room alive. The themed and carefully put together inspiration surrounding social media and magazines brings out my creative side and my urge to start up a new life somewhere purely to decorate to my own tastes becomes exerting. It sort of becomes a problem with the lack of funds and er, lack of owning my own home but we'll go with it anyway... 

The copper trend has been a 'thing' for a while now but lately I've seen it take over my favourite places to shop (think H&M Home, Oliver Bonas, Urban Outfitters, Made.com, and so on) and man am I loving it. There's something so aesthetically pleasing about the metallic feel and burnished warm tones against minimal interior and I think it's perfect for adding a touch of luxe to any room in the house (seriously, if I had a home you'd see a feature of copper and marble at every turn of your head). You may or may not remember me mentioning a complete turnaround of my bedroom last year - long story short it never really became updated because I didn't realise how much money it'd cost me. In a way I'm now glad because I'm thinking about including touches of copper against an original grey/white scheme as I feel the contrast of the trio will suit me to a tee. Accessories such as mirrors, pots and tealight holders to maintain the shelfie of dreams, as well as the odd throw, bed linen and cushion cover and then the main hallmark of a lamp, clock or even furniture itself. The potential is endless!

What about you? Are you having a copper love affair, too?

Bridie x

***

Like what you see? You may also enjoy reading My Favourite Instagram Feeds To Follow or Spring Primark Haul


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig