Saturday 3 January 2015

Recap: what I wore in 2014

JANUARY-APRIL

MAY-JULY

AUGUST-SEPTEMBER

SEPTEMBER- OCTOBER

NOVEMBER-DECEMBER

Gathering previous pictures of myself and comparing them to the latest ones is one of my most favourite things to do. I've never done it with an outfit based compilation before but I think looking back and reflecting on the changes in your style inspires you to keep going to find the definition of your individual fashion sense. 

My first thoughts when recollecting was "oh, what a difference a year makes" and quite truthfully, it's crazy to see the difference. Not only has my photography changed dramatically but my choice of clothing has slowly but surely been made into a more essential focused collection. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that this was the year I discovered hats. I now love wearing my fedoras and bowlers, I always get told they suit me and I think they can add so much character to an outfit (plus they're a great cover up for a bad hair day). 

I feel as though towards the end of this year, this was when my style was found. Unlike at the start of the year, it's easy to notice a pattern in what I'm wearing in the autumn/winter months (basic colours and cuts for example). Obviously in the summer it's natural to want to inject more colour into your wardrobe but I'm kind of over the heavily patterned pieces and am more into the neutral staple pieces that can be accessorised, plus stocking up on the black and garments gives you so much more variety and opens up the opportunities to get designing. As 2015 begins, I aim to keep my style minimal, sleek with added chic (I do love a good rhyme). I'm certainly much more comfortable and confident in how I dress now and feel myself reaching for the fashion forward garments rather than the stuff I'd get bored of and just shove in my wardrobe for it to collect dust once I'd worn it. Sticking to a certain theme may sound like it would turn out boring but actually, I think is what's best suited for me now.

Have you seen any progression in your style since last year?

Bridie x
Share:

5 comments

  1. I can definitely tell that you have found your style towards the end of the year. I love all of your hats aha!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your style is so cute, I love how you're not afraid of patterns! And you're defo a hat person, you wear them so well x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfits and I love looking back and seeing style evolve I'm doing one as well and really like putting them together.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty outfits <3 I love your summer ones best :) xx

    All the best for 2015 ♥

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, your style and outfits are amazing! I can't wait to follow along in 2015. Hope you have a great week!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig