Thursday 29 January 2015

Beauty: Maybelline Lash Sensational Multiplying Mascara - my first thoughts


As I scrolled through my Instagram a week or so ago it seemed there was a recurrent theme running through it. A few of my favourite picture takers were all raving about the new Maybelline Lash Sensational Multiplying Mascara and by the looks of things, they were just as impressed as I currently am. Being a beauty blogger means I'm easily influenced to buy the next hyped product on everyone's love list but for me, changing my mascara was a pretty big deal. I've been using the same mascara (L'Oreal Telescopic) now for years and was hesitating whether or not to change my routine around (yes, I'm that fearful, clingy kind of person). The shimmering rose gold/pink packaging was enough to tempt me (as well as the £5.99 price - what a bargain!) but it turns out it was a fabulous decision all round. 

Thankfully, I am blessed with naturally long and curved lashes so for me, this mascara emphasises the simpleness of the application. Giving the honest truth, I didn't expect the mascara to be as nice as it is. I was pleasantly surprised upon the first test by how constructive the open fan brush worked. The side of the brush with the small bristles is perfect for those tiny lashes and the larger bristles add amazing volume and definition to the main lashes; both reaching the root of your lashes allowing them to lengthen by a great amount. I absolutely hate it when you buy a mascara and it feels as though it's been stored in your forgotten makeup drawer for two years with how clumpy it already looks before you even begin to use. This however, is the complete opposite! With how darkened the black is, upon first view it did appear thick and too wet but once I did apply, it spread out smoothly and most importantly didn't leave any heaps of unblended mascara stuck to my lashes. Each sweep of the formula equalised on every lash and it wasn't a struggle to even out until I was satisfied with the finished look. 

The 'sensational' in its name matches with the appearance. The boldness brings out your eyes and the gentleness of/alternate sides to the brush allows you to choose between how dramatic you'd like it. For the everyday look, it's the ideal in between. It enables you to achieve the layered lash look without having to cake it on and gives you the perfect framed out lashes and the fullness you desire without the panda appearance which is often found in similar advertised mascaras. When it comes to the removal, it's just as uncomplicated as my previous product. The mascara has no problem with staying put all day, it's sturdy and there's none of those pesky flakes under the eyes which means it takes a good few splashes of water and a rub of a potent water based eye makeup remover to get rid of the stubborn sections but it's nothing to label as a problem.

Now I've discovered this I don't think I'll go back to my old options. In fact, I do prefer this to the L'Oreal Telescopic. I've always stuck with the drugstore brands when considering mascaras as I think there's always a good (if not better) dupe out there to bear in mind before you go all out and splurge and this is one of them. As much as my makeup collection is gradually expanding to higher end items, I think I'll stay with the ever so trusty Maybelline for now because I've certainly found a gem. 

Have you tried the Maybelline Lash Sensational yet? What's your favourite mascara?

Bridie x
Share:

2 comments

  1. I'm also so hesitant to try new make-up once I've found products that I love. At the moment I've fallen back in love with Maybelline Volume Express The Rocket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3333 amazing review
    love it!
    http://www.karolinagespucci.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig