Thursday 1 January 2015

What I wore: cigarette trousers and a fluffy coat

Coat: New Look | Top - Topshop | Trousers - Topshop | Shoes - Primark | Bag - Primark | Hat - Primark

As it's officially January, and I haven't displayed an outfit for god knows how long, I thought it was time to brave the crisp, cold air and drag the camera out with me. One item that's been worn religiously over the winter months is this super fluffy borg coat and luckily it's also a versatile piece that's bang on trend because when I want to be warm, I often forget about staying stylish. Another thing I'm loving at the moment is cigarette trousers (although I find myself regretting not buying a size down once they've been worn and washed) and this staple black pair are thrown on way too often.

Today, we've taken all the decorations down and I'm currently mourning the fact the festivities are officially over (as well as watching Mary Poppins, you can't beat New Years Day's idea of a film marathon). I'm not sure whether I'm sad because that's another year of excitement gone or because I can no longer use the festive season as an excuse to be a slob who indulges in junk food 24/7. Probably the latter.

Now the year's over and done with, I'd like to thank (so much) everyone who follows and reads my blog, whether that's every week or once in a while. Every comment, share, and even tweet means so much and contributes to the growth of Upon My Sleeve and I hope that continues this year. I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas and New Year break, and here's to the blogging bonanza in 2015! 

Bridie x
Share:

8 comments

  1. Such gorgeous photos, and a lovely outfit! I'm still trying to decide whether to purchase the cream coloured coat, you may have just about tempted me.

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year! This outfit is so gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the jacket, it looks so warm and cosy! Happy New Year! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful <3 Stay warm and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Years
    xxx

    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Loving the vintage vibe of this outfit!

    xo Edina

    Printed or Plain

    ReplyDelete
  6. <3333 such lovely look!
    http://www.karolinagespucci.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I have your hair please? it looks so nice!! You look great! I hope you have a great weekend :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Bridie, this is a wonderful look - simple, girly and special! And I'm mad about your shoes. Can't still believe, there are from primark... Kisses, Xenia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig