Wednesday 12 August 2015

Wednesday Wishlist: the a-line button down skirt edit


There are so many trends I'm digging right now, but the on going a-line button front skirt trend is a firm favourite. Strong repetition of suede, corduroy, denim and camel tones seem to be everywhere and are showing no signs of disappearing as we approach the end of the year (yikes!). The 60s, 70s and 90s trend all mixed together seems to be well adopted in my wardrobe and I feel like I'm able to transport back to being a little girl without any questioning. It's always great when a well loved style is 'in' again and the older generation never fail to inform you they had an item "just like that" (with many familiar following statements such as 'I wish I'd have kept it now', 'I can't believe they're back in fashion again').

That one classic statement skirt makes such a versatile piece and with the sharp cut, is flattering however you decide to style it. I think you can wear it in so many different ways; with a pair of ankle boots and bell sleeve top, a baseball tee and trainers, or even a more formal dress up of a heels and cami combination. This high street hysteria has definitely got me hooked. Are you as obsessed as me?

Bridie x

Share:

2 comments

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig