Friday 14 August 2015

The holiday lookbook: daywear week 1

For me, a holiday abroad takes a lot of preparation clothes wise. It's 100% guaranteed to be boiling hot every day so it's necessary to pack the lightweight pieces but a demand for style also comes hand in hand. Without a doubt, I am an over packer, especially now I'm well and truly hooked to fashion blogging so this year I ended up taking way too many outfits to try and squeeze into the 17 days I was in Spain but I did it (yay!) and have finally got round to creating my first lookbook out of four.

There's always two kinds of outfits prepped for a relaxation break: 1) The casual, comfortable chosen look for throughout the day, and 2) The more dolled up, free from sweating cobs (what even is cobs?!) and smart but chic look for an evening meal and a night exploring the bars. This starter post concentrates on number one! A day in the life of my daytime activities consists of lounging round the pool, making the most of the beach, trips to the shops, walks around the familiar streets and the occasional typical tourist exploration so for that, I need to keep it cool. In honesty, no real effort and overthinking goes into my day wear - I strip it back, dare to go makeup free (notice the sunglasses and ooze of confidence where I'm in a setting not having to worry if I'll see anyone I know and scare them half to death!) and most of the time, I end up switching round my shoes and accessories and even changing my outfit twice in the same day (to squeeze in everything I brought with me of course). Depending on my energy levels, I'll either laze around in a bikini or go for a stroll with a fan and a bottle of water in hand and as you'll see, my mood reflects my decision making; read: hair scrunched up in a ponytail = definitely getting annoyed with the failed mix of heat and long hair. 

DAY 1 - 
I stepped into my girly side with my first look, pairing a pretty crop top with some beloved crochet.
*Crop top - C/O DressLink | Shorts - Topshop | Sandals - Forever 21 | Hat - Primark | Sunglasses - River Island

DAY 2 - 
Along with a statement necklace, a vibrant top half and a patterned bottom creates the perfect contrast.
Cami Top - H&M | Shorts - H&M | Necklace - H&M | Rose Gold Sliders - Primark | Sunglasses - Primark

DAY 3 -
Simple fringing is ideal for both festivals and holidays. Black teamed with browns is a combo I love.
Fringed Top - H&M | Shorts - Forever 21 | Shoes - Primark | Hat - H&M | Sunglasses - Primark

DAY 4 -
Although the air is extremely hot, a layered kimono gives that ordinary outfit a boost.
Top - Zara (sale) | Shorts - Zara (sale) | Lace Up Sandals - Mango | Kimono - Primark | Sunnies - Primark | Hat - Primark

DAY 5 -
It was instant love with this white sheer lace tunic and instead of using it as a cover up, I paired it with basic denim.
*Tunic Top - C/O DressLink | Shorts - River Island (old) | Sandals - Forever 21 | Sunnies - River Island

DAY 6 -
I can't go away without a Missguided piece, this cute little halterneck gem makes summer styling easy as pie. 
Playsuit - Missguided | Bag - H&M | Shoes - Primark | Hat - H&M | Sunglasses - River Island

DAY 7 -
Playsuits are definitely my go to, especially when it's in stripe form with added detail.
Playsuit - Mango | Hat - (a Spanish own) | Shoes - Forever 21 | Sunnies - Stradivarius

DAY 8 -
I do praise a good supermarket find! I found out dark denim works really well with a growing tan.
Denim Playsuit - George at Asda | Shoes - Primark | Bag - H&M | Necklace - Zara (sale) | Sunnies - Primark

DAY 9 -
I don't know what's best; an off the shoulder co-ord or discovering huge cacti in the middle of an open space!
Top - ASOS | Shorts - ASOS | Sandals - Mango | Hat - H&M | Sunnies - River Island

DAY 10 -
A day well spent is a day in nothing but a bikini and an airy over lace layer.
Bikini 1: Bikini Set - New Look | Kimono - Primark | Hat - H&M
Bikini 2: Bikini Set - River Island | Lace Top - H&M | Sunglasses - Primark | Hat - H&M | Bag - Primark

Starting out with the palest shade and ending with an obvious subtle glow is almost amusing (and highly satisfying). At the end of week one I was already developing a pretty decent tan and I still had plenty of time to work on it. Aside from flaunting my new found colour, another enjoyable part of my holiday was finding the photogenic backgrounds suitable for coordinating blogger style. Last year I stuck to the same old patio backdrop but I really did get to work on finding the locations and think I must have mentally marked down every place I passed. Talk about scouting Spain!

Hope you enjoyed having a browse through my first lot of outfits and keep an eye out for the next round!

Bridie x

Share:

3 comments

  1. I love all these outfits. Huge style envy right now! :)

    http://beewritesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfits! Those rose gold sliders are gorge. Great post x
    Claire | www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this <3 Your style is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig