Tuesday 11 August 2015

Life: Paul Mitchell's Ultimate Big Night Out


It seems like years ago since I attended my second Paul Mitchell event when actually it was only the beginning of last month. The evening of tips, tricks, tutorials and tasteful treats took place in the same venue; a cosy little suite in the swanky Quebecs Hotel. As it was two days before my holiday, I was mega stressed, panicky and had a dozen errands but knowing this was another joint Paul Mitchell/New CID Cosmetics event - and with how much I enjoyed myself last time - I just couldn't possibly say no and managed to squeeze in an hour of so of hair and beauty chatter and experimentation before I had to dash off.


Arriving in a cosy lit room (and avoiding the rain by literally a second, yay!), I was greeted with some familiar friendly faces, delicious canapes, a gifted glass of prosecco, and then the lovely Sarah briefed us on what the evening will bring. Unfortunately, the stylist was taken sick at the last minute so there were only one singular pair of hands to create some simple hairdo's but that didn't bother me as 1) I wouldn't be around for long (sad face) and 2) any pampering to the hair with more professional and long lasting equipment is a job well done in my eyes.

I couldn't help but admire how neatly set out the tables were, which makes a blogger's task much more easy (we all know that re-arranging to suit our camera angles problem!). With everything popped into place, the new hair range on show for us to appreciate and some pretty flowers to decorate the room some more, it really set the scene on what was to be a brilliant night. 


As previously mentioned, New CID Cosmetics made an appearance to the ultimate girly night and all kinds of makeup was further displayed on the centre table. I'm only familiar with this brand as I learnt so much about (and fell in love) with the products they had to offer from the last event but this time my warmth increased! There was everything, from the famous light up lipglosses, baked blushes, bronzers, highlighters, their own super gorgeous makeup brushes, and even some new releases. 


This time, there was an extremely talented makeup artist ready to get down to action and trial the products up, close and personal. The fabulous James (who is part of the New CID team) has 10 years experience and with his informative knowledge, helpful advice, and deep passion for his job, the radiance shone through. He knew what he was doing and wasn't afraid to show it! Listening carefully (and being seriously enthralled) to what he had to say taught me some handy insider beauty secrets. Demonstrating his guidance step by step - James spoke about everything from swatching, to skin tones, to skincare routines, and even took the time out to kindly answer any hesitant questions we had. I was particularly fond of his expert advice on colour matching foundation to your chest instead of the usual back of the hand/jawline combination to ensure the pigmentation of colour from face to body are friends and not enemies! He also went into depth about SPF in base products and how to avoid them for occasions where photography is key. With a family wedding coming up this weekend, I've held on to the thought greatly! Nobody wants a white, shiny face; especially not me and my over oily skin.  

After a quickfire round up of his insanely interesting beauty background, James was eager to give an insight into his skills to one volunteer who so happened to be Kariss from Shy Strange Magic. During the process, he explained the benefits to each product as he went along and pointed out certain areas of the face and specific highlight points. He also gave us the chance to pass each product round and have a feel, a smell and a look. By the end of the 'makeover', Kariss looked like a glowy goddess. The i-perfection foundation was flawless and along with the soft toned cheek colours, really boosted her complexion. 


Before I left, I was all ears for Sarah who introduced and talked us through the main concept of the night; the fresh, new hair care range Ultimate Color Repair which has now slowly but surely become my favourite luxurious treatment everrr. We all know how over-colouring your hair can form damage, brittle ends and cause dullness so I have a feeling this is going to be a saviour for many women. Both the shampoo and conditioner contain the power of quinoa which is said to lock in hair colour, restore luster and reverse the signs of damage. You can't argue with the statistics - '8% less breakage, 9 weeks vibrant colour, 59% and 86% less thermal damage' and from first usage I can confirm it's a total miracle worker. 


Upon leaving, I was generously given my very own Paul Mitchell goodie bag packed with a miniature version of the Ultimate Color range containing shampoo, conditioner and a triple rescue spray, topped with a beautiful rose gold hair brush and another mirrored lipgloss to add to my collection. With my holiday being right around the corner, the travel pack was perfect for me and as both Sarah and I concluded, couldn't have arrived at a better time. The harshness of the heat and the sun can wash away colour and cause breakage to those precious strands but this really does bring it alive and make your locks more manageable. On the couple of times I used it whilst I was away, I have never felt my hair that soft and bouncy (almost mermaid representative). It not only looked shiny and naturally refreshed, but it smelt absolutely divine and now I'm pining for the full sized products.

My short but sweet night at Quebecs was packed with so much educated fun and I had the best time. Thank you so much to Sarah for my invite. Despite how busy I was, I'm so glad I didn't miss out!

Have you ever attended a Paul Mitchell event or tried any of their amazing products?

Bridie x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig