Tuesday 12 January 2016

What I wore: cable knit layering


*Cable Knit Jumper - c/o Wholesale Buying | Scarf - New Look (now on sale!) | Jeans - New Look (sale) | Boots - River Island (sale) | Sleeveless Jacket - Boohoo 

What's that you see? An actual outfit post? Nope, you're not seeing things, it's me actually making the effort to step out into the cold, drag my brother along with me, and display an array of layers to suit the winter weather. After a few months it felt good to get back out there, feel the stares of the puzzled locals and revamp my style. I've been stuck in a wardrobe rut for weeks now and have been feeling really disheartened and uninspired with the direction my sartorial choices are going in but as the new year commences I've found a whole new, fresh outlook and I'm excited to input my creations into my blog.

I convince myself the Spring/Summer season is my favourite season for fashion but as my love for knitwear continues, I'm becoming more and more drawn to the winter fabrics and the simplicity that they hold. When Wholesale Buying got in touch and asked if I'd like to pick out a couple of items from their site, I knew I had to invest in a basic chunky roll knit to take me through the coldest months - aka January and February (with snow forecast and minus temperatures on the way, you at least need something to keep those blues away). At such a low price, the quality of the jumper is incredible; so cosy, fits like a dream, and is oh so very versatile. What I love about big, oversized jumpers like this is they're able to be sponteneously paired with just about everything and you can still achieve the wrapped-up-winter-chic look. In my eyes, extra padding is necessary and layering until you represent a big snuggly teddy bear is totally acceptable. Topped with a scarf, a sleeveless jacket acting as an added covering, and a pair of jeans of any kind, it can be a substitute for another bulky coat.


My impulsive sale buys have also turned out to be some of my wisest decisions. I've had my eye on these beautiful burgundy boots since autumn so when they finally entered the sales at half price, I shot off to the nearest River Island store to pick them up quicker than imaginable to no longer just admire them afar (I think they will now sit on the shelf of favourite footwear). They really do set the outfit off for me and along with the double sided patterned scarf, the mix of colours are complimenting against the basic beige.

I'm planning on gathering my many triggered sale purchases together to show you everything I picked up since the discounts came flying in on Boxing Day so if that's something you'd like to see, do let me know!

Have you scored some bargains in the sales lately? How would you style a staple jumper?

Bridie x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig