Wednesday 25 January 2017

Wednesday Wishlist: Topshop New In


I had a little wobble last week. I mean, I'm always questioning my place in the blogging sector but specifically with my Wednesday Wishlists. I've been creating them for about a year now and as much as I enjoy it, I think posting one every week can become a little tedious and repetitive. As much as I love to shop, I find it hard to spice things up because quite frankly, there's only so many clothes, shoes, bags, and bric a brac in the world isn't there? So, I decided to run a poll on Twitter asking your thoughts and the results were pretty equal - keep at it and/or mix up the content and showcase some sartorial goodness for you to mull over occasionally, instead. 

There isn't a better way to kick off this freshly formed schedule of mine than some Topshop treats from their new in section. It's that confusing time of year where you don't know whether to continue buying winter garments or to shuffle over to the spring wear that shall (hopefully) be sprouting its daffodils soon enough but I feel the clothing on offer at the moment is a good balance of both. You can layer up a lightweight blouse with a dominant faux fur coat, pair tights and quirky ankle boots with a flutey dress or a PU skirt with a hint of a pastel colour scheme, and rock those thin to medium knits that appear effortless. I'm loving the specific sleeve detail currently invading the high street which seems to have followed on for the previous season, as with the pretty embroidery detail that can make all the difference to an outfit. The spotted dress, floral bag and striped knit are a definite favourite to push up that to buy list.

Have you been shopping lately? I haven't bought myself a collection of clothes for absolutely ages and I feel like an update of my wardrobe is badly needed and well deserved (in other words, it's just my excuse to have a good ol' splurge!).

Bridie x


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig