Wednesday 11 September 2013

Autumn Rain

DRESS - Primark // SHOES - Topshop via eBay // BAG - eBay
It's safe to say, Autumn has officially kicked in! The temperature has dramatically decreased, the rain is pouring, the days are duller and the nights are darker. For me, this can go two ways; I'm glad it's got to the point I can curl up in front of the fire with a hot chocolate and huddle under the duvet to get warm instead of being too sweaty and uncomfortable, but I'm not impressed that the opportunity to take my outfit pictures outside is slowly but surely fading away. This can only mean one thing, the quality of my pictures becoming poorer because of the appalling lack of light in my house and me having to stand in the doorway of the kitchen to try and let as much natural light in as possible so for that, I do apologise.

One thing that is appealing to me however is the A/W Collection in Primark at the moment, I think they've seriously upped their game lately. Recently I bought the £8 dresses that everyone seems to be hyping about, this one and the monochrome floral one (which I may feature in a future outfit post). I love everything about this dress, the simplicity of it, the style, the way it looks more of a Topshop tea dress than a Primark item and the colours that match my trusty brown t-bar shoes. It's not an over accessorized outfit as I think the dress looks much better bland and on its own but it's an outfit that can be worn both ways with the indecisive British weather; with a jacket or without a jacket and with tights or without.

Have you got a favourite A/W Collection at the moment? I can't wait to have several browses round the shops as the months get colder, even though I really shouldn't as I don't think my wardrobe or my debit card can take much more. I think window shopping is the best option for me!

Lots of love...

P.S: Another update on the couple of new things added to my blog; a brand new blog button created by yours truly and a Facebook page I made especially for my blog. I thought it would be much better that way so I can update my posts to there even though I really don't know why I bothered as Facebook seems to be getting more irrelevant as the years go on ha ha.


Share:

8 comments

  1. I nearly bought this dress a couple of weeks ago and don't know why I didn't now seeing it on you! xx

    Youlooknicetodayxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) I'd definitely say go back and get it haha, you can't go wrong for £8 and it's such a lovely material too! xx

      Delete
  2. Loveeee the shoes! :) Only just found your blog, but it's great. New follower here! xx

    http://teacupsandbluebells.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) your blog is cute, followed you back! xx

      Delete
  3. I've seen this dress on a few other blogs, it's so pretty! Loving Primark at the moment, I bought the cutest shoes from there today.

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, thank you! I noticed the shoe collection when I was in too, they have some lovely pieces xx

      Delete
  4. This dress looks lovely on you and is such a nice fit. Love your shoes too :)

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog and would love for you to enter :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I'd love to take a look at your blog and enter your giveaway, I shall check it out now. Much love xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig