Monday 30 September 2013

A day at Lou Lou's Vintage Fair


Yesterday, I attended my very first vintage fair at my local town hall. I'd heard about it on Facebook and persuaded my mum to be my partner for the day as I've been wanting to go to one for so long now. As I ventured in, I didn't have a clue where to start. There were around 50 stalls of men's and women's vintage clothes, shoes, jewellery and accessories scattered around the hall followed by another few stalls downstairs displaying glassware, vintage furniture and a cute, dinky tearoom decorated with patterned bunting. 

We spent around an hour browsing upstairs and then headed downstairs, ending the day with some tea and cake served in pretty crockery (well coffee, as I don't like tea *shock gasp due to the British stereotype* and I aren't even keen on coffee either but hot chocolate wasn't available tut tut). I had such a great day, I really enjoyed searching through the era's from the 50's to the 90's and not only that, the fashion, beauty and decor inspiration around me; including the hair salon where clients were experimented on with the old school hairstyles. The atmosphere was totally up my street, classic music was playing, the lights were dimmed and the gorgeous, detailed items shone through with the cozy lights.


I only spent £22 which was an even bigger advantage. The picture below is what I purchased and I am so so happy with the shirt which was only a tenner and is such a beautiful print. I loved the fair so much that I'm going to another one this weekend (Judy's Vintage Fair) with my brother who said he wouldn't mind going to the next one as they also sell vintage designer clothing. I'm intending on going to so many more in the future, especially with how some of them began in Leeds so offer free entry. I suppose you can't get fairer than that!

Lots of love...

Share:

18 comments

  1. This is coming to me this weekend! It looks so good, I can't wait :)
    Love what you bought too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you're gonna love it! Have a great time :) and thank you very much xo

      Delete
  2. I really want to go to one of these, oh my god they seem like the best!! How do you usually find them, or just through facebook?
    I love your blog design by the way!!xox
    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, lovely :) it is such a good day out! I'm sure you'd love it :) I found them both on my Facebook as they popped up on my news feed. Here's the link for their event pages https://www.facebook.com/VintageFair/events https://www.facebook.com/JudysAffordableVintageFair/events xo

      Delete
  3. I love vintage fairs! There's one quite close to me, and I found an amazing dress last year. Love your shirt! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I can't wait to go again, hopefully I can pick myself up a new dress this time as they're my favourite xo

      Delete
  4. hi blogger!!! How are you?? :) Just happen to pass by your blog!! :) you are so lucky we don't have vintage fair at my country!! :( :( if you want you can take a look at my blog and you make me happy if you said me your opinion about my post <3 If you like it we can follow each other!!What do you think??? :) Just let me know your answer -where you follow me- on my blog and then i followed you back!!!

    Have a beautiful day!!:)
    xoxo stefania :)
    http://colorfulblast.blogspot.gr/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Colorfulblast/426217220765719

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely :) I'm good thank you, thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I shall definitely check yours out now! Lots of love xo

      Delete
  5. I went to one they held in Brighton and absolutely loved it.

    xoxo
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet, they're such a lovely day out! Thanks for reading :) xo

      Delete
  6. Aww, this is so charming, I wish we had something like it here, it looks like a treasure chest of some really fabulous pieces. Thanks so much for your wonderfully kind words, they meant a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is :) and you never know, something like this may appear where you are in the future! That's no problem at all, I love reading your blog! :) xo

      Delete
  7. I'm glad I found your blog its lovely!! Thank you for leaving a comment on mine.
    I really want to go to a vintage fair myself - jealous.

    http://right-up-my-street.blogspot.com

    Now following you :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) and you're very welcome, I love your blog! I would definitely keep a look out to see if there's any coming near you, they're great fun xo

      Delete
  8. I went to a vintage fair once but the venue was a lot smaller than this. I did buy a lovely dress though! And there was also a hair salon there too, I wish I had booked an appointment. I love the print on the shirt you bought and the size of the collar- looks awesome. :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely :) yes I went to another at the weekend and it was a lot smaller than this but you can still find some great buys wherever you go. There was a hair salon at this one too, it was intriguing watching the different styles but I was a bit dubious as to what I'd look like haha! xo

      Delete
  9. So pretty! I love the look of this fair, it looks amazing. That shirt you got too?!!? The collar is amazing, it is so Miu Miu!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I know right, it could easily pass as being a Miu Miu shirt haha! I love it xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig