Friday 11 September 2015

The holiday lookbook: evening wear week 1

To say I'm way behind on publishing my holiday posts is an understatement to say the least and although I'm now 100% ready for pretty flowers to turn into golden, crispy leaves, drawn out evenings to change into darkened nights and summer stock to be replaced with Halloween gear, it doesn't stop me dreaming of this time two months ago when I was enjoying my well needed trip to Spain. 

Contradicting to my casual day outfits (which you can find here and here) it's almost traditional for me to make more of an effort (or at least try to) once sprucing up for the evening meal and drinks to follow. I never leave the apartment without a pair of statement heels (unless I'm going to be walking a while and need some room for my feet to breathe) and my accessories have to blend in. Past 8pm has to be my favourite time during a holiday, the heat is almost bearable, the sun is setting, and as you're nearly ready to take a therapeutic walk to the centre for allll the food, applying the final touch of detail to your freshly co-ordinated outfit is oh so satisfying, whether that be a piece of jewellery or a certain nail varnish. I always find evening outfits are way more fun to create and if you're lucky enough to be on holiday for a long duration of time, you can display all sections to your personal style which in my case is the comfortable side, the on trend side, the girly side and the cool but casual (and judging by some rad decisions), the cowboy side. 

EVENING 1 - 
The first night choice is difficult when you're still pale as ever, but you can never go wrong with stripes.
Jumpsuit - eBay | Bag - Primark | Belt - ASOS | Shoes - Primark


EVENING 2 -
Sheer culottes paired with a primary print are a wise choice for very sore burnt exposed second day skin.
Top - New Look | Culottes - ASOS | Shoes - Forever 21

EVENING 3 -
There's something about beading embellish that shouts summer, in the style of a lightweight cami set is even better.
Co-ord - H&M | Shoes - eBay 

EVENING 4 -
 Something light & floaty sees you through a long walk down the marina eyeing up ice cream/waffles along the way.
Dress - She Inside | Sandals - Mango | Bag - H&M

EVENING 5 -
After a few days, I become immune to the holiday life so it gives me an excuse to take the class level up.
Co-ord - H&M | Shoes - Miss Selfridge

EVENING 6 -
Flowers are another holiday must have, especially when it's in the form of a pretty two piece with neutral tones.
Co-ord - Missguided | Shoes - Miss Selfridge

EVENING 7 -
Shopping in open malls means blue skies and sweltering heat. Keeping it minimal but staying groomed is a must.
Dress - Zara | Shoes - Zara | Bag - H&M

EVENING 8 -
You know those outfits that are on point with coinciding? This was one of them. I love the cool metallic, crisp shades.
Top - Zara (sale) | Culottes - Forever 21 | Shoes - eBay | Bag - River Island

EVENING 9 -
There's nothing wrong with bringing some festival vibes. It's more sunny swimming than sinking mud swimming.
Top - River Island | Shorts - Zara | Bag - H&M | Shoes - Deichmann | Hat - H&M

Are your holiday dressing up routines similar to mine?

Bridie x
Share:

3 comments

  1. Gorgeous outfits, you've given me some serious inspiration for my upcoming holiday! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely figure, and look stunning in all these looks. Fab style girly

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the first and fourth outfit! Esp the shoes!

    http://www.beewritesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig