Tuesday 15 September 2015

The holiday lookbook: evening wear week 2

So I'm now onto the final instalment of my holiday lookbooks, the last week of my evening attire. As we've come to an end, it feels like I finally have to let go of the Spanish reminiscence and I no longer have any excuse to pine over sunshine and happy times. Goodbye Costa Blanca, hello Costa Del Rainy Leeds...

The last week of a holiday is a bit of an angel/devil situation. You're able to enjoy dressing up to your hearts content as your tan is in full golden mode, but then you know the fun and relaxation is about to finish any moment and you're almost watching the clock tick by. I think I did make the most of the time I had left (outfit wise anyway), I gave my style a boost in the right (or should I say white) direction and I really thought I'd up my game with the 'I wish to appear more elegant' movement. I may have had a funny look here and there, the familiar question of 'why on earth are you so dressed up' pretty much visible on the ogling faces of the public but that's just me, I dress up to feel good and it's such a holiday tradition that I'll be doing it till I'm old and grey. 

EVENING 10 -
A floral statement doesn't need a big amount of further detail, it's such a safe, sensible yet complimenting choice.
Dress - Zara (sale) | Shoes - Deichmann | Bag - Primark


EVENING 11 -
For a flashy evening out, a promiscuous plunge playsuit revealing way too much leg is a risk I'm willing to take.
Playsuit - Missguided | Shoes - Primark | Necklaces - Bershka

EVENING 12 -
A cold shoulder playsuit is ideal for when you still want to shine but take it down a notch, especially with sandals.
Playsuit - eBay | Sandals - Mango 

EVENING 13 -
Wearing off the shoulder garments became a recurring pattern on holiday, a pretty all over lace piece is irresistible.
Dress - Fashion Union via ASOS | Shoes - Forever 21 | Bracelets - Forever 21

EVENING 14 -
The only time a jumpsuit is bearable in hot temp is if the shoulders are out again. Luckily it's a body part I do like... 
Jumpsuit - New Look | Shoes - eBay | Necklace - H&M

EVENING 15 -
Towards the end of the holiday there's more flesh on show. A mini skirt and crop top is a combo I'll never get bored of.
Skirt - Zara | Top - eBay | Shoes - New Look

EVENING 16 -
I always save the most glam outfit for the last night. This cowl neck camel number took the attention from my tan.
Dress - Pretty Little Thing | Shoes - New Look | Bag - ASOS

TRAVELLING OUTFITS -
I couldn't not include my two airport choices. A lot of people dress down for comfort but I always like to make an effort even when travelling. 
Airport outfit 1: Dress - ASOS | Shirt - Topshop | Sandals - Mango | Necklace - H&M
Airport outfit 1: Dress - Missguided | Sandals - Mango 

Hope you enjoyed my holiday outfit series. I'd love to know your thoughts on all four of them!

Bridie x
Share:

3 comments

  1. That dress in the first outfit is stunning!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress in the first look is to die for - it looks so gorgeous on you xo

    Emily | emsalice.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your airport outfit! and the playsuit from ebay, I really wanted something like that for summer!x
    Libby-Jade

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig