Monday 26 October 2015

What I wore: seaside neutrals


This weekend I took an intentional small blog break to spend some quality time with my family in honour of what would have been my Grandad's 80th birthday. As a very close knit family, we have our traditional values and planned to celebrate my Grandad's memory and presence despite him not being here in person.

As my Grandad was a real family man, he always used to take his two girls on spontaneous trips to the North-West in a row of hotels beside the sea where they'd enjoy a good few days of candyfloss and long walks, and that pattern continued as the years went by and the grand-kids (aka me and 4 other cousins) came along. We've shared some wonderful times throughout the whirlwind years and really made the most of the bonded love we had, and our aim was to carry that on and enjoy the tribute, which we did and it turned out to be a really lovely, fun-filled, special Saturday and Sunday. 

Taking shelter at a place next door to Blackpool (but without the dreaded weekend chaos) , I couldn't help but take advantage of the peace and tranquility across the pier and the beach, calm my mind and then do what a blogger does best - consider the location for the perfect outfit shots. That was of course before I even registered that it would be way too windy to even walk in a parallel proportion, never mind keep a well kept hair do (which horrifyingly revealed way too much root) and make myself look presentable enough for the camera. The above photo is the only (half) decent attempt at posing before I gave up the idea of roaming around the pretty sea front and headed back to the hotel (typically the sun just started to break through as I did so and as I had no choice but to shoot in direct sunlight, you may just have to excuse a few overexposed pictures here and there).

Jumper: Missguided | Trousers: Dorothy Perkins | Boots: Simmi Shoes | Bag: YesStyle

Neutral shades will always be my favourite, especially as Autumn is in full crispy fallen leaves and clocks go backwards mode; I like to keep it light on a day it begins to get dark at 5pm (can you hear my cries?!). As soon as I bought this super comfy Missguided high neck jumper, I knew I'd style it up with some basic trousers and statement boots. Although I'm not usually a fan of cropped items of clothing due to my unwanted belly popping out as I switch positions, this jumper ticks all the right boxes; versatile and a thick enough material to keep me warm if warn alone. To say I ate my body weight in buffet food and full breakfasts and am currently trying to shake off the disgusting bloated feeling that's still punishing me for being unhealthy, I guess we're still on to a winner.


This weekend was also the first time I took my new Chloe-esque bag for a spin and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with the quality. It served me well through the battering gales, breaking of brollies, and unwanted rain falling as soon as you step out of the car, because what's a British seaside trip without those three downfalls? 

I hope you all had just a good a weekend as I did. Winning the FarFetch Fashion Iconic Movie Moments competition last week already set me up to be in a superb mood, but reminiscing on my childhood and the happy times almost doubled it! And whilst I'm in a bubble of nostalgia, I thought it'd be a great way to focus on my next level goals for my blog. I'm planning on an entire re-brand in the next few weeks as I do feel as though I've moved on from this design and my name and am continuously desiring a fresh start. I'm just making the most of my excitement before it goes!

Bridie x

P.S. You can always join in with my appreciation of the little things by entering my Paul Mitchell giveaway. You never know if you could be the winner in time for Christmas!
Share:

2 comments

  1. I really like this look, you look great! I adore that jumper, I have the black one debating to get the white one too tehe :)

    http://sapphiresaysfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obsessed with the bag! Such a pretty color. X

    www.randomstein.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig