Friday 2 October 2015

What I wore: stripe culottes and camel jackets


Culottes - New Look  | Top - Primark | Jacket - Dorothy Perkins | Boots - Primark | Bag - Missguided | Hat - Primark

To say we've reached October (in what seems like a flash of time) the weather is surprisingly pleasant, so much so that venturing anywhere beside my front driveway on the little cul-de-sac of mine was out of bounds because the sun was too powerful on my squinting face and rubbish photo angle. It's been a while since I've posted an outfit from home and I wanted to mix it up a bit. Alas, it failed but it all turned out okay in the end, and I'm not one to complain and jinx things

As we head into autumn, I have so many outfits planned that I want to display over on my blog but it's just finding the time, location and personal photo taker! This, however, has become a firm favourite of mine. I purchased these bad ass culottes a while ago and after some serious contemplating on whether I could pull them off, decided to give the risky stripes a trial. Turns out they're the most comfortable pair of trousers I own and can be styled in various ways. Sticking with my love for black I decided on a basic high neck combined with the on trend camel (an absolute bargain beauty of a jacket I mentioned in a recent wishlist), my first ever Chloe Drew dupe (because obviously I'm too broke to afford the real thing), some new season (and absolutely lovely) Primark block heel boots, and of course my signature fedora. It sums me up completely; stripes - check, light tan/camel colour - check, black - check. I'm hoping I can get some more use out of the entire attire before English winter strikes!

Anyhow, happy Friday! I hope you all have a brilliant weekend. Are you up to anything interesting? I'm planning on catching up with (and showing some love and appreciation to) lots of blogs for my Saturday/Sunday time, AND I may even have a giveaway to get up and running to celebrate the forthcoming festive season. 

It's quite scary to think about Christmas but it's never too early to get into the giving spirit!

Bridie x
Share:

3 comments

  1. I love this outfit! I wish I could pull off culottes like you do, but sadly they don't really suit my proportions xx

    Charlotte / Colours & Carousels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit! I really like your bag and the jacket x

    http://damlatuzun.blogspot.com.tr/2015/10/my-top-5-coffee-shops-in-london.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're beautiful and your outfit is lovely! love that jacket! :) xx

    www.thecovetbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig