Friday 16 October 2015

Life: Aquascutum and Issa launch event at Lambert's Yard


After being on a mini blog event hiatus, I jumped back on board this week at the ever so lovely Lambert's Yard to celebrate the launch of two exclusive brands, Aquascutum and Issa which will be available in the shop this season marking Leeds as being the first place to stock anywhere out of London! With the likes of the Duchess of Cambridge herself sporting the marque, it was bound to impress (and that it did).

Lambert's Yard has to be one of my favourite hometown venues anyway (there's some serious interior inspo in there), but when a regular retail store is transformed into a 'Powder Room' packed with music, rails and displays of luxury clothing and accessories against bare brick walls, cocktail master classes, wine tasting, Illamasqua makeovers and immaculate hair styling it really ups the excitement levels.


With fashion being the main focus of the event, samples from various collections were presented for us to have a nosey at (and swoon over, then walk away sadly when the price tag was exposed). The extravagant pieces from Aquascutum and Issa were the centre of attention, arranged on mannequins and caged boxes, we were given a sneak peek on what's to come. However, it wasn't only the prosperous pair on show, there were lots of other brands available to covet. With the likes of Antipodium, Ilse Jacobsen, Hunter and J Lindeberg being unveiled, it was only natural that I was in my element. I spent a good half hour browsing the rails, my favourite garments of the night being a classic trench coat and a co-ord set by Aquascutum, a fringed jacket by J Lindeberg, a grey marl boyfriend coat and another striped number by Selected Femme, a super cool range of funky characterised fur clutches by Lazy Oaf, the minimal, neutral Williams handbag selection and of course the beautifully unique dresses by Issa. Every single item was perfect for the Autumn/Winter; from the soft textures and the assorted prints, to the array of denim, the ensemble of coats, and even a carefully put together display of vibrant umbrellas, raincoats and boots which summed up Yorkshire pretty damn well. 


It didn't take me long to get knuckled down to the fun of the event; as the DJ played an ambiance of catchy tunes (and even delivered some music master classes teaching the basics of DJ-ing which most likely for the best I didn't get the chance to trial) I headed off to grab a cocktail provided by the expert mixers from The Botanist. After some vast surprise of stating I didn't particularly fancy alcohol (looks as though for those experienced mixologists not being a big drinker is a sin I should be ashamed of, oops), I opted for the non alcoholic version of their signature special which minus the trio of spirits, consisted of elder-flower, mint, lime juice and lemonade which was a tangy, fruity, heavenly combo! The alcohol wasn't only provided by The Botanist, however, Latitude were on standby with a chance to indulge in some Cocchi Vermouth aperitivo tasting, as well as demonstrating how to make your own cocktails at home. 


With the ladies (and some men) in mind, the hair and makeup team were kept on their toes styling the public to perfection. The popularity of both Westrow Hair and Illamasqua was obvious, the lines of people were growing and the crowds getting busier yet the teams handled the approach so well and managed to please each guest with a glamorous revamp to show off those latest hair trends, even for those with unruly overgrown hair like myself. Some gorgeous big waves were styled into my hair and I felt like a new woman (it's just a shame they didn't stay in longer). Unfortunately I didn't get the opportunity to try out some makeup products with some amazing shades but it didn't stop me from admiring one of my top favourite makeup brands with an Instagrammable set up of lined up, in sync and matching blushes, eyeshadows, lippies and powders beside some IKEA plants in metal pots (yes I'm that much of an IKEA hoarder to the point those are now utterly distinctive to me).


Towards the end of the evening I found myself soaking in the great atmosphere; sounds of blared melodies, laughter and loud chatting, awe of the goods continuing through the night and the photographer clicking away at every enjoyed moment (he may or may not have caught some off guard angles whilst I was getting my hair done). I also found myself heading towards the already stored merchandise of delicate detailed accessories and quirky homeware. There were some divine Industria perfume which were the best scents I'd inhaled in ages, some arrow print cushions, some super chic Wood Wood sunglasses, and intriguing jewellery bits. THEN to finalise a fun-filled night, there were some fashion illustrated tote bags available to purchase from a creative combo of independent brands; Find Yourself and Maryam.

I could have easily stayed till the end of the entertainment but had to head off once i'd explored the entire party and had a second glance amongst the collection of clothes just to double check they were as snazzy as I first inspected (which they were and sent my admiration even more awol). Huge thanks go out to Lambert's Yard and all involved in making a fabulous evening turn successful. It was a productive way to spend a few spare hours on a boring turned bold Tuesday!

Have you been to any events lately?

Bridie x

You can enter my Paul Mitchell Christmas giveaway here.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig