Wednesday 22 June 2016

Wednesday Wishlist: Zara vs Topshop - The Sales


I don't know if it's just my out of control behaviour when it comes to shopping till I drop but I feel like the mid season high street sales should be marked down on the calendar as an annual event where you're entitled to a day off, a day off that is dedicated to remaining in the same spot for countless hours surrounded by sweet wrappers and a million tabs open online with a list of bargain finds you just can't seem to narrow down.

If you hadn't noticed, everywhere is hosting huge S/S sales at the moment and there just ain't no getting away from it - it's as though the email reminders and the discounted signs strenuously lure you in with a devilish cackle as you get an interject warning that once you're in, there's no chance of you leaving empty handed. Sale shopping can be overwhelming, I for one prefer to take full advantage of the low prices from the comfort of my own home and grab what I can get, as fast as I can. Of course, its timed perfectly in sync with summer holidays abroad approaching; so there's no denying the majority of my last minute buying will be done via the persuasive promotion. Unfortunately though, online retailers do sell out super quick and it's difficult to find your size so it is worth taking a trip down to the store if you're that desperately attached (like I usually am, obvs).

In terms of places to head to, I'm always aiming straight for the gates of classics like Topshop, Zara, Mango, and for the online world - ASOS, Boohoo, Missguided. I can't, however, feature everything as A) there's way too much variety and B) the mass sight alone would be enough to put you off my Wednesday Wishlists for life. Bearing this in mind, I chose my favourite two stores that always provide me with heavenly sale bliss and picked out ten of my best pieces - from boots to bags to occasion wear, casual fabrics and those versatile staples. You're never spoilt for choice in either! I love Zara because pretty much everything you've had your eye on over the past few months (and everything else in the shop) ends up in the sale, the floors are compacted with an array of colours and it's mayhem all round and I love Topshop because although their stock is of the higher price range, once you spot that one sartorial statement that will carry you through the majority of the year, it's like all your Christmases have come at once.

Have you hit the sales yet? Where's your favourite places to go for the style steals?

Bridie x


***

Like what you see? You may also enjoy reading Mango Is The Place To Go or Summer Holiday Primark Haul



Enter my current giveaway: HERE

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig