Monday 30 March 2015

What I wore: culottes and camel mules

*Shoes - C/O DUO | Trench - Stradivarius | Culottes - ASOS | Top - Boohoo | Clutch - ASOS


I never thought I'd see myself in a pair of culottes. I always believed I'd look like a stumpy, circus clown but it wasn't until I found this pair on my weekly ASOS browse that I was tempted to give them a go. Luckily, my risk pulled off, they were the perfect length, not too 'woah your trousers have taken the loose gangster appearance way too far' kind and they were white which means they were an all round winner. However, with ankle grazed trousers, you need to hunt down the ideal heels to A) match and B) allow your legs to appear lengthened which is where this beautiful suede camel duo (excuse the pun) fall into the equation. They are, without a doubt, the nicest, simple but still extremely chic, pair of mules I've ever received and with my current nude and neutral shade admiration, they couldn't have arrived at a better time. 

As we move into spring (or not! Where's this heatwave we were promised?!) I'm absolutely loving the 'barely there' tones so I think the soft mixture of colours in this carefully crafted outfit really compliment each other. Hopefully my choice of clothing brightens up those Monday blues! Although I can imagine it's going to take hell of a lot more than me attempting to pose in front of the garage to bring some joy.

P.S. Don't forget, you can enter my giveaway to win a Blue Vanilla dress. It ends in 12 days time!

Bridie x
Share:

4 comments

  1. You look so pretty! loving this outfit and the mules, simply gorgeous x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. what size is your trench coat? small or medium and what size clothing do you usually wear. I'm not sure what size to buy!. Lovely outfit btw

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig