Wednesday 25 March 2015

Wishlist Wednesday: the summer swimwear


As the world goes into turmoil over the firing of Jeremy Clarkson and Zayn Malik leaving One Direction, I'm sat swooning over the collection of bikinis and swimsuits gracing my favourite stores as summer approaches. Thankfully, I'm not a fan of either subjects so I can continue my wishing of summer hurrying up. Swimwear shopping is always my most enjoyed type of hauling as I'm never stuck for choice. In fact, I'm spoiled for choice and end up buying way more than I could ever fit into Jet 2's luggage compartment. 

The bold and vibrant patterns in my wardrobe are slowly being replaced with clean, basic and staple colours and this is also reflecting in this years swimwear choice. I love a mixture of patterns and prints just to throw in a change for each day on holiday but the white, black and striped sets are just as appealing. I wouldn't say I'm too fussy with the shapes and the cuts, I just go with what I feel comfortable in and what looks acceptable on top of those wobbly parts (oh, and the fact I wouldn't aim for anything will dozens of cut outs because awkward tan lines are a no go). As I'm determined to reach my bikini body goal (with a little help from Kayla Itsines and a whole lot of struggle), hopefully I'll be able to venture into the world of plunge necks and tie bottoms and scrap the high waist, safer structures. One thing I never do, however, is go overboard with the price I pay as I think, no matter how high the quality, the chlorine strangely turns them a warm, yellowy colour which ends up being irreversible. In terms of where to purchase, I do tend to stick to the high street. As mentioned in my previous Primark haul, I believe their selection is the best; not only affordable but pretty, neat and simple. If I do want to treat myself to a differential and often more chic design and style, I'll always head to places like Topshop, ASOS or Motel. 

Where do you shop for swimwear? Do you have your eye on anything yet? It's never too early for planning the summer activities!

Bridie x
Share:

3 comments

  1. What cute swimsuits and I've been looking for my perfect one as summer is around the corner where I live and I think 7 & 17 are so cute.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks, I'm loving number 16. Can't wait for beachwear season!

    http://IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list of swimwear! So like the # 11, 16 and 19.
    Perfect for summer. If you are not comfortable wearing these swimsuits alone, check out Swimsuits Direct swimsuits cover up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig