Saturday 13 June 2015

Style: 3 ways to wear the high boots with Shoe Zone

Boots - C/O Shoe Zone

Finding that one pair of trusty, sturdy, comfy AND stylish boots is a difficult process for me but once I've found them, they're with me for life (or for at least a few years until my annual wardrobe clear out comes around). I'm a firm believer of being in possession of a pair with the intention of keeping them as a long term staple. I love the versatility of plain black boots with some minor detail; you can wear them where you want, when you want and paired (pardon the pun) with whatever you want. 

However, one type of shoe trend I've never been able to quite grasp is the knee high kind. I've never thought the half leg/half boot appearance compliments me in any way and I struggle to find those that sit properly on my lower limbs but this is where Shoe Zone came to the rescue and provided me with the best pair of boots I've owned in ages! These black high boots with basic buckle straps are the perfect fit with no gaping at the top, they aren't too high, are of great quality and I love the rounded toe finish. I've been wearing them with almost everything over these indecisive months and although my feet are starting to get a little clammy with these random outbursts of British warmth, I still seem to be reaching for them in my everyday outfits. Finally getting round to displaying these beauties on my blog, I thought I'd show you just three of many ways I chose to style them.

OUTFIT 1: the a-line skirt
Tee - New Look | Skirt - Stradivarius | Hat - Primark

The current 70's inspired a-line skirts are the ideal starter pack for styling high boots. The shortness of the skirt and the length of the boots contrast nicely, playing on your proportion. Complete with a casual slogan t-shirt, it allows you to pull off the cool chic everyday look which is easy to fabricate together.

OUTFIT 2: the denim
Dress - New Look | Hat - Primark

I seriously can't get enough of the denim look lately, especially when it's a dress accompanied with a tie waist. Somehow the boots enhance the shape of the dress and create the illusion of longer legs. Black and denim are a match made in heaven and suit the sleek, dressed down look. This outfit provides the perfect balance between style and comfort.

OUTFIT 3: the playsuit
Playsuit - ASOS | Jacket - Bershka | Hat - Primark

You just can't go wrong with an all black ensemble and just to mix it up a little, a soft toned short jacket on top. I feel as though wearing the black high boots with a black playsuit gives off that festival vibe and although the idea of shorts above high boots doesn't sound right, it works really well. The fact these boots are my signature hat's best friend is an added bonus!

Do you have a favourite pair of boots?

Bridie x
Share:

1 comment

  1. I love the playsuit outfit. I think you've found the perfect pair of boots for your outfits, they really suit you!
    Charlotte x

    Rose above the Thorns

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig