Friday 5 June 2015

Beauty: products I'm currently testing #2




Another month, another chance for me to hoard a group of products together and waffle on about them over on my blog. I'll try and keep these mini reviews as short as possible but if you know me by now, you know the talking can get out of hand. Let's start with the favourites of the bunch, shall we?

La Roche Posay have always been my one holy grail skincare saviour brand I can rely on and their new launch of micellar water proves no different. The La Roche Posay Gelle D'eau Micellaire* is a cleansing product that works as a magnetic field to remove makeup and all impurities. With the name 'micellar water' I instantly thought of the likes of my Garnier and L'Oreal staples so I was unsure on what to make of this solution when I realised it was a pump with a thicker, gel like substance. Going with the flow, I went ahead and used as normal, aside from the fact I massaged into the skin opposed to applying to a cotton pad. I do think this works best as a mild cleanser as it's non greasy, soothing and moisturizing to the skin leaving behind a fresh feel but in terms of removal of makeup, I don't think it's as thorough as I'd like it to be. I still felt like I needed to use something on top of (or before) this to fully rid of the built up daily grime but, what I can say, is that it most certainly improved the balance in my skin, helped banish any redness, does the job of keeping my oily, spot-prone skin at bay and provided comfort with a lovely, delicate richness that's suitable for us sensitive skin types. 

This brings me on to the Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil, another genius product that leaves my skin feeling soft and super replenished. I've been dying to get my hands on this for a long while now so when the lovely Helen was selling one in her blog sale, I knew I had to snap it up. I've been using it every morning and night and I'm so impressed with the results. I'm new to the whole adding a facial oil into your regime thing. The thought of adding a heavy oil to natural oil within the skin did terrify me but after finally biting the bullet, I've seen it does make the world of difference and found out that actually, it doesn't feel so loaded on to the skin but has a gentle, velvety texture that soaks efficiently into the skin. Not only is it continuing to help even out the blemishes, up my hydration level and refine my complexion but it's also doing a fine job of de-congesting my pores to reveal a brighter, healthier skin tone without those pesky impurities getting in the way. Plus, you only need a tiny amount for it to be effective so it's going to last me a decent amount of time.

Environ is a newly introduced skincare intuition which I discovered at a blogger event a couple of months back. I was kindly gifted stage 1 of the AVST range in moisturiser form and it's safe to say, it's become a product I would feel lost without. This starter product has maintained that bounce of moisture and nourishment my skin needs on a daily basis but without those hidden ingredients that can irritate your skin. I've had nothing but beneficial results with this; my skin is soft without feeling too packed with product, it smooths out my skin and leaves room for a choice of base foundation to radiate. I should really follow up with the continued sequence but to see me through, I'm happy to stick with the one.

I'm a novice when it comes down to hair products, I don't do an awful lot to make sure my hair represents that as a princess (and let's be fair, it could do with some taming most of the time) so I'm always willing to try out some new products to allow my hair to shine with flowing volume. Dry shampoo is always a rescue for when I just cannot be bothered maintaining my hair when it becomes greasy after ONE DAY but I struggle to find one that makes my hair feel nice and refreshed, instead of even worse than when I started. Redken's Pillow Proof Blow Dry Genius Extender definitely rates up with the dry shampoo's I'd reach for in a hurry without having to worry about whether my hair's turned white or appears to be matted. It gives my hair that boost for the day without the powdery feel you can find with drugstore shampoo's but unfortunately, it stays at just the one day. It's said to be a two day extender but my unruly oily scalp says different! I'm still carrying on the hunt for one that ticks all boxes. The Redken Iron Shape 11 is also another little stand out product that helps to strengthen and protect hair. I don't blow dry or straighten my hair often but when I do I love to use the finishing thermal spray as A) it doesn't weigh the hair down, B) helps with frizz and C) keeps the ends of my hair looking healthy and silky.

Finally, we're on to the L'Oreal Paris Infallible Matte Foundation; a foundation I've heard nothing but great reviews about but unfortunately, a foundation I was disappointed by. After switching to high end and finding a few foundations I absolutely love, I've found myself disagreeing with the usual 'hyped' drugstore products so I don't know whether it's just my snobbish expectations (which I apologise for) or my unpredictable skin. It does have great, buildable coverage and certainly lives up to the designed matte finish but I think it's too matte, if that's possible? It tends to be drying and overly clingy to my skin which is unusual as I am a very oily skin sufferer but it just doesn't work all that well for me. I feel as though my face misses that natural sheen; I hate being totally shiny as the day progresses but wearing this made me crave hydration. It's a shame because it definitely amplifies a clear complexion but it's just not doing it for me. Maybe I'll give it another go sometime soon to see if it was just a couple of off days I had. 

Have you tried any of these products?

Happy Friday! 

Bridie x
(I do love having a name that rhymes with the best day of the week)
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig