Monday 1 June 2015

Life: Leeds Food and Drink Festival Launch Event


Nearly two weeks ago now (I'm so out of the loop it's unreal) I headed to the swanky Epernay Champagne Bar as a lucky guest at the launch of Leeds Food and Drink Festival running from 22nd May - 7th June (so basically two whole weeks of devouring the tastes with absolutely no regrets). One thing I love about living in Leeds is the choice of places to eat and drink; along with the traditional, classy venues and lively atmosphere, its ever growing ultra modern scene really does make it the Northern London. 


Following on from the Leeds Indie Food Festival, this event highlighted the beginning of the Leeds Loves Cocktails (which in fact starts today!). Now, I'm not a big drinker. To tell you the truth, I don't enjoy alcohol that much nor do I find joy in the bottom of a glass but who am I to turn down a fancy cocktail, ey? Inundated with brand new fruity flavours of Red Bull mix ups and lemon bramble's, the staff were on hand to supply us with taste-bud bliss.


As the drinks were going down well and we were having a good ol' chat and a giggle, the crowds seemed to excitedly gather towards the entrance and on closer inspection, there appeared two guys from the ridiculously delicious Almost Famous bringing us some tasty treats. Obviously, the AMAZING burgers were extremely popular as me and the girls seemed to have missed not one, but two (maybe three) batches as everyone approached them like vultures. Eventually we pounced to ensure first picks and as you can see, we thoroughly enjoyed them. I'm sure there's some more comical photos lurking around somewhere as the over enthusiastic photographer had us standing in all positions on attempt of the 'au natural' shots. That made the whole burger experience both heavenly and entertaining!


Aside from one occasion a while ago, this was the first time I had a proper welcome to the Electric Press and Epernay itself and I'd definitely been missing out. It's the perfect location; packed with a selection for everyone in a smartly presented, relaxed environment with a dimly lit indoors and an enclosed terrace on the outside. Not to mention those champagne bottles with waxy candles (interior inspo if I ever did see it). Epernay is certainly one of those hidden gems!



Along with some new surroundings came some new faces. There were a whole bunch of Leeds bloggers attending this event and it was lovely to have everyone in the same place at the same time. I've known our little circle of blogger girls for only a few months or so but it seems like forever and we've already shared some fabulous times together (mostly including cocktail induced moments but hey, nobody's complaining). 

I know I'm late on the food fest hype but there's still lots to look forward to over the next week. From a beer based menu, to a spice of other cultures, live entertainment, lots of food stalls, and even an opportunity to challenge yourself to a dab of cooking. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to take part in any more, nor do I think I will before it's all over but there's plenty for everyone to get involved in! I had a great evening and can't wait for the next one!




Let me know if you are or have attending any of the events! I'd love to read about them.

Bridie x

*some pictures courtesy of pinkgorilla, sunnydei and whatshebuys

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig