Tuesday 30 June 2015

A summer holiday Primark haul


Although I keep exclaiming the fact my bank account is running low, I always (I mean, always) find time to 'just browse' Primark, which ironically turns out to be another spending spree. Before you know it, you're reaching the tills with another basket full of little treats and random items which you can only find in the world of messy underwear and emoji t-shirts.

Primark have some really lovely summer clothing and accessories in at the moment and I just couldn't resist. Their bikini choice had me hovering round the section for around half an hour deciding which bikini I should add to my collection of 'swimwear I will probably wear once and then dump in a drawer'. I don't think I go into Primark actually intending to buy loads but there's always something in there that catches my attention and I convince myself it's worth the bargain buy! Anyhow, without rambling too much, I'll crack on with showing you what I've bought over the past few months.


blue shirt - £9.00 | rust cold shoulder top - £8.00

white boho cami - £3.00 (sale) | black boho cami - £3.00 (sale)

lace off the shoulder top - £9.00 | camel ribbed vest - £4.00

cream lace kimono - £8.00 | black lace kimono - £8.00

striped wrap cropped top - £6.00

long sleeved striped crop top - £5.00

striped bikini - £6.00 | floral bikini - £10.00 (£4 bottoms, £6 top)

coral crochet bralet - £5.00 | white crochet bralet - £5.00
striped beach bag - £3.00

from left to right: nude lace up flats - £10.00 | black pointed flats - £6.00 | camel and white satchel - £6.00 | black open sandals - £8.00 | black cross mules - £14.00 | white bag - £3.00

from left to right: black phone holder bag - £4.00 | orange nail varnish - £0.80 | festival ring set - £2.50 | silver earring set - £2.00 | bracelet set - £2.00 | ring set - £2.00
nude coloured hat - £8.00
pink vanity bag - £5.00 | white travel bag - £3.00

white neon detail pyjama set - £10.00 (£6 top, £4 bottoms)


As you can probably tell, Primark is the reliable place to buy my beloved stripes but I also love how it tempts me into varied colours such as the rust coloured top which I would have never gone for if it wasn't waving in front of me at only £8.00! Primark's jewellery and shoe section is another firm favourite; the cute, simple earring and ring sets are ideal for daywear in the summer (even if they do turn your ears and fingers blue after a while) and it's guaranteed you'll find some perfect flats for every occasion. The black mule style shoes are probably one of the purchases that made me the most happy (and the most comfortable for my poor feet). They're a wide fit but I wouldn't say they're any wider than usual, not that I noticed anyway. I feel like they're something you'd find in Topshop for a fraction of the price and I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of them. I also reach for Primark when I desire a new hat as they seem to bring out a new shade in the same fedora every few months and it's always to my tastes!

Most of these impulse buys are sensible ones (trying to justify myself here) and will be mainly worn on my holiday to Spain starting from this weekend. I've seen the crochet halterneck bralets around the blogosphere and from a few YouTube gurus so was thrilled when I spotted them in my local store. I don't think I can venture into town without hitting Primark and as it's such a big store, I'll always find something different. Whether that's a good or a bad thing, I'm yet to figure out!

Have you been Primark shopping lately? Anything nice you've picked up?

Bridie x
Share:

3 comments

  1. Oh my god, I can't find a single item that I don't like! That shoes are amazing! Such a shame the Primarks in my area suck so much compared to the ones in England... I feel like the UK collections are just so much prettier and more girly. In Holland it's just emoji shirts and ugly stuff, buh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some lovely things! The shoes are all so nice and I love the striped wrap crop top. :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. great selection! the little bag so cute :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out to take an interest and comment on my page. I read and appreciate every single one of them! And if you like the blog you stumbled across, you're very welcome to stay...

© the same old chic | fashion, beauty and lifestyle by bridie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig